firstgear

Panorama crashes on 33 photo merge

I had previously reported that the panorama program crashed when building a 33 photo composition.  Then the recent version came out and all was good on my iPad Pro 9.7.

i received my new iPad Pro 12.9 today and have tried to build the same panorama and when it was "rendering panorama" right before going to the edit page the program crashed.  I tried this several times and sure enough each time it crashed.  Just checked it again on my 9.7 iPad Pro and all works fine.

you need the new iPad Pro that was just shipped to test this on.  If you need me to send the 33 photos in again I can. I tried some compositions with fewer photos and was able to get 11 photos to go.  Not sure what is going on, but there is an issue.  Also, I tried the pencil with the clone tool and that was a problem where it was difficult to get it to go, after fussing it did work but after a few clone attempts it crashed.  

Let me me know if you need photos.

Hey firstgear,

We've noticed this when using a 9.7 and the older 12.9 iPads. For some reason the 9.7 was handling it much better. I recently closed a bug report after stitching the above 54 images on the 12.9 but like you say, it might simply be related to the newer 12.9 iPad's. 

Maybe our older iPad 12.9 would crash with your images. If you could upload them to our Dropbox I'd really appreciate it.

In the process of uploading.  I didn't have a problem with the Gen I 12.9 iPad, but the latest and just shipped crashed.

I look forward to your comments and thoughts.

Hey firstgear,

My gen1 12.9 crashed at the same stage your gen2 is crashing. I've re-opened the bug report and included your images. My iPad only had 4GB of available space to accommodate the stitched image so maybe that's why mine crashed. Let's see what development say. Hopefully we can knock this issue on the head once and for all. 

Thanks for your time and effort so far.

My iPad has close to 400gb as I have the new 512 version.  My old 12.9 as well as my 9.7 iPad Pro were able to put it together.....strange!