You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi! Could you please briefly describe how shall I correctly export to PDF. The project has vector+raster elements. 

When I'm currently trying to export, I'm facing two problems:

a. raster elements are exported in very low quality (despite I'm trying to indicate best quality in export panel)

b. Some vector elements are exported as raster (and, correspondingly, are also pixelated!)

Many thanks in advance for help!

Alex 

Test.afdesign

Test.pdf

Most of the unwanted rasterisation is because of vector crops. At the moment these are handled as raster crops even when they are purely vector. If you switch off the cropping, by opening each cropped group in the Layers tab and unchecking the white "(curve") crop, those groups should be exported as vector again. (As far as I can see those crops are redundant anyway.) We are planning to export vector crops as vectors in future.

The poor quality when things do get rasterised is something we've noticed before, and will be looking at fixing.

I now think the raster quality is what you'd expect, given that the document is 96 dpi. For example, the "TASTY DIET" group is only about 30 pixels wide. If you enable Pixel Drawing Mode in the top toolbar, you'll see how rough it is even before it is export.

Dear Dave! Thank you very much indeed for your explanations! The file was originally exported from AI though SVG format. As for vector parts of the project - indeed, when I start to work with them directly in Affinity and then export to PDF, everything is OK! So, now I understand how to cope with this. 

However, my question also regards the rasterised image of tea itself. Despite all my attempts to change the export resolution of this slice in "export options" I still get very low resolution in the final PDF. What could be a problem here?

Many thanks again,

Alexander 

If you switch off the cropping, by opening each cropped group in the Layers tab and unchecking the white "(curve") crop, those groups should be exported as vector again. (As far as I can see those crops are redundant anyway.) We are planning to export vector crops as vectors in future.

Oops... worked wonderful with all the elements besides the leaves (that compose background in the top). Still trying ...