You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

I made some work on the designer, but have an issue while exporting for print as pdf and eps.

There is a simple rectangle in my design, filled with a color grading - and in my exported files this rectangle is always cut into two pices - producing a ugly gap-line...

I tryed to reorder my element, i tryed to change layers,...always the same result!

Please help!!

Thanks,

Andreasexportissue.thumb.png.c744b7f1a24dd9a34aa1315248a041ae.png

7 minutes ago, AndreassaerdnA said:

My printing-company replyed to me that they cannot see any line or gap...so this must be a display-issue-bug in designer!!

So this should be moved to the bugs!

Thanks!

Andreas

the company replyed once more...there is a gap!

has anyone an idea why and how i can get rid of?

Thanks

Andreas

• Staff

Without seeing the file, it would be impossible to guess the reasoning... Could you please send a version of the file to support@seriflabs.com and we can suggest what might be happening and how to correct it? Your file will obviously not be used for anything other than diagnosing the problem and suggesting a fix, then deleted.

Thanks,

Matt

30 minutes ago, MattP said:

Without seeing the file, it would be impossible to guess the reasoning... Could you please send a version of the file to support@seriflabs.com and we can suggest what might be happening and how to correct it? Your file will obviously not be used for anything other than diagnosing the problem and suggesting a fix, then deleted.

Thanks,

Matt

Ah, nah. Guessing is easy. It's being correct that is sometimes hard...

So if I were to guess, it is a stitching line from flattening transparency in either/both the PDF and EPS export versions. The PDF may be able to export fine using the For Print profile. And it may require using the 1.6x beta depending on how the opacity is added (or at all).

An EPS cannot have transparency and so that rectangle has to be combined with the background bitmap at some point. If such flattening is done at export, there may be no manner to control if/where it happens on the resulting image. If you need to supply the print establishment with an EPS version, you may be able to--in a copy of your file--to hide everything except the panel and image, and combine them via Rasterize. Then turn back on any other elements and try the EPS export.

Mike