• Announcements

• Patrick Connor

Forum Upgrade   07/12/2017

Welcome to the upgraded Affinity Forums. This change will allow us to add more features and block spam better. If you have any problems using these forums as a result of the upgrade, please post in the the similarly named News forum thread.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmuller

Missing Font List?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Just wondering if like the 'notification' we could somehow get a menu item to display all fonts used and those that are currently unavailable to the document. Pretty much all illustration/layout programs have a feature except Designer.

Apologies if this has already been asked for, but I would think it's quite an easy 'win' for the roadmap?

Regards,

M

Alfred likes this

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this has already been asked for, but it's a great suggestion! It's pretty annoying to get only a fleeting glimpse of the notification, with no way of displaying it again unless you close and reopen the document.

Edited to add: As I observed in the other thread that you've just woken up, the list in that notification 'toast' isn't always complete.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.5.3.69, beta 1.6.0.75)Affinity Photo (1.5.2.69, beta 1.6.0.75) • APh for iPad 1.6.3 (but no iPad  yet!)

Windows 10 Home4th gen Core i3 CPU

Also, the ability to substitute fonts would be greatly appreciated, some documents supplied require a particular font foundry - in a lot of cases I will have a drop in from a different foundry, but Designer/Photo refuse to see it as the same font due to metadata (understandable) so the ability to make sweeping changes across a document 'per font' would be fantastic. At the moment it's a case of individually selecting each item and choosing the substitute.

We can choose replacement fonts when opening a PDF file, but we need to be able to distinguish between permanent replacement and temporary substitution (and we should be able to change substitutions without closing and reopening the document).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.5.3.69, beta 1.6.0.75)Affinity Photo (1.5.2.69, beta 1.6.0.75) • APh for iPad 1.6.3 (but no iPad  yet!)

Absolutely! ++

Would be fantastic to have a panel showing all the fonts used in file, the ability to select a font and make a substitution or replacement with the option to embed or at least find in finder so a person can package the font for print setters.

JasonVieda and malyKeri like this

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

We can choose replacement fonts when opening a PDF file, but we need to be able to distinguish between permanent replacement and temporary substitution (and we should be able to change substitutions without closing and reopening the document).

Alfred,

Indeed, all is well if it's a PDF you are opening. I have the issue between Affinity Designer documents from a colleague in a different office who has a different set of fonts which we haven't been able to synchronise yet. So documents always open with a notification but no substitution panel like a PDF...

17 minutes ago, mmuller said:

Alfred,

Indeed, all is well if it's a PDF you are opening. I have the issue between Affinity Designer documents from a colleague in a different office who has a different set of fonts which we haven't been able to synchronise yet. So documents always open with a notification but no substitution panel like a PDF...

Thanks for the clarification. That is indeed a problem. :(

JasonVieda likes this

Alfred online2long.gif