You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey Guys!

Im just getting into Affinity Photo and editing in general and have a couple of questions:

1- is there a quick way to rotate a brush head in Affinity photo? - I know you can dbl click the brush type and drag the rotation slider but wondered if there is a short cut?

2- Does anyone know if the Social Kit Pro plug-in works with Affinity photo?

Many thanks!

• 2 years later...
On 7/17/2017 at 4:14 AM, MEB said:

1- No, there's no shortcut to rotate the brush head in Photo.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing but with the set up I have I use the arrow keys to rotate the brush head. Works before and during painting strokes.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 years later...

Hello, here is a question from the present 😄

it's great that rotation is possible via arrow keys. Unfortunately it doesn't work with my composite brush. It's a brush I bought and it has a basic shape as well as a texture, both are masked together. If I use the arrow keys only the background mask of my brush rotates but the basic texture that shapes the brush remains the same. Is there a trick as how I could rotate the whole brush altogether?

I also rotated the document view but the brush position remains the same. Is there a possibility to rotate the view together with the brush so they are always linked?

Thank you in advance!