You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

disintegration effect

Puck

I am a 59 year old guy from Germany and new to this forum but not new to Affinity Photo. I also use AD … sometimes – I’m more into photo. I started working with AP in July 2015 after nearly 23 years working with A***e-Software. It was a good choice to change, wasn’t it.

I want to show you an Artwork I have made with AP just for fun from a picture I took in 1986 (!) on Kodak Tri-X. It’s the lighthouse of Norderney, an island off the coast of Germany. 

As you see it’s a »Before« and »After« 

Comments and critics welcome!

Puck

Norderney_Leuchtturm_in_Aufloesung_vorher_nachher.jpg

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Well, it was leaning over anyway, wasn't it? Might as well ERODE it too! Love the light effect you inserted as well as the darkening.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Hi jer, thanks for the comment. Appreciate that :-) 

The lighthouse is perfectly straight. I just held the camera at an angle. 

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

Yep. Sometimes I get it and sometimes not. I'm still learning to understand English :D 

1 hour ago, EZeemering said:

Well ... he is German :D

Indeed. We have no humour :D

Thanks for the comment, EZ :) Made with brushes and masks.