You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm starting to think your nightly dreams are providing you with a wealth of chaotic inspiration! BTW, did you try a lesser white for the, um, footsteps? Like maybe a 15-25% gray?

Not a critique, just curious.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

On 7/17/2017 at 3:20 PM, jer said:

I'm starting to think your nightly dreams are providing you with a wealth of chaotic inspiration! BTW, did you try a lesser white for the, um, footsteps? Like maybe a 15-25% gray?

Not a critique, just curious.

Thanks my g. And nope those footsteps are pure white. Probly just looks diff in this pic

3 hours ago, chaosabzu said:

Thanks my g. And nope those footsteps are pure white. Probly just looks diff in this pic

No, they don't look diff, they do look pure white. Thinking my post did not clearly communicate my idea, let me expand on it a bit...  I just wondered if an off-white would let the viewer see more of the image on the initial uptake. As it is, the pure white grabs the focus before the viewer gets to take in the overall image. ** Just IMHO **. I'm not an artist, I'm a web designer who understands how eyeballs traverse an image on a display and what to do to affect that phenomenon. Artists and web designers share many characteristics but their goals/targets are often different. If your goal is to have viewers see the footsteps first in your work of art, I think you have achieved it. If your goal is to have the viewer see the overall image first, the white footsteps may be risking that goal. As another disclaimer, "Art is in the eye of the beholder," so this one comment from one individual means nothing really. And my first post simply meant: I like your artwork - did you happen to experiment with a light gray on the footprints? :)

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop