Shaw

Refine Selection - does not work and Crashes, Freezing, extensive CPU&GPU usage

Hey All,

Not sure what is going on with my photo :(. Last night it worked fine, all day today, the selection brush / refine process has been completely bizzare. 

I have tried closing / reopening photo. Restart computer. Minimal software/apps running. Editing previously bulk edited jpg to .aff images, as well as RAW processed images. 

When using the selection brush:

about 1 out of 10 images crash the program entirely on the first drag

the rest can get through to the "Refine" process, but matting is responding very unusually.

---Areas of the image that would typically be completely matted are about 50% opacity

--- Border width, smooth, feather, ramp do not resolve the opacity issue

--- matte brush does not resolve opacity issue

When it does work, it is using a ridiculous amount of CPU and GPU (compared to yesterday and all times before today)

--- About 90% of my Intel I5

--- AND between 50-75% of my Nvidia Geforce GTX 950M

--- while taking about 3 times as long as typical

Changes previous to this issue:

created 3-4 macros

batch processed about 200 images using above macros

issue did not occur immediately after those macros though... Only after the computer rebooted overnight

2017-07-16 (2).png

2017-07-17 (2).png

Look Good, Live Wild, Love Life

- TrYptiX Fashion

Hi Shaw,

Were any updates applied during the reboot? We've found .net 4.7 is causing issues for some people and rolling that back usually corrects the problems.

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left