You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I'm trying to create a shooting star effect that is similar to my avatar.

This would include the strike through and the shiny star on the end.

Please, can someone help or at least point me in the right direction if this is possible to create in AFD.

Hi Kckbxr259

I have put a set of rough instructions below Kckbxr259 and I would strongly advise going through the tutorials as this will help you get the best out of the App, if you use the link below then go to the section drawing lines and shapes, this will help you with the star effect you are trying to make.

Put your text onto the page and use the fill tool to fill with colour and then change the top and bottom nodes to change the colour, click on the line to add more nodes.

Use the star tool to draw your star and add points from the context tool bar.
Convert the star to curves (button on the context tool bar).
Select the node tool, on the end of one of the points near the bottom of the star drag the node down to the left.
Click half way up the piece you dragged down to create a node, do the same on the other half of this section.
Drag them down a little to the bottom right.
Drag a box around both these nodes and select convert to smooth icon on the context tool bar.

This should give you a good basis to start building on the star effect.