You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

View Pressure Curve/gradient (for strokes) command

I really enjoy tweaking a stroke's pressure gradient after drawing it, but the Pressure sub-palette is quite limited in size and accuracy. How about avoiding the interface clutter altogether, and simply have a Show Pressure Overlay command in the View menu, which basically maps the gradient onto the currently selected path, something like this:post-1105-0-55961300-1422756230_thumb.png

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Nice concept @ronnyb. Personally i would add the Pressure handles to both sides, even at the cost of some cleanness, because it feels more intuitive. Additionally they could be used independently from each other (but in the  same vertical direction - no angle variation here like in regular node handles), pressing the alt key (or other modifier) to make the  length of the handles non-symmetrical.

@MEB, yeah I thought about adding handles to both sides, but decided against it for the sake of simplifying the UI; however, if the programmers can code asymmetrical pressure settings, well, damn, I think that will be a new milestone for a vector program... !!

Also agree with you about keeping the handles perpendicular to the path at the pressure node's location....

I also changed the shape of the green pressure node's handles from a simple green line to an elongated triangle for two reasons: 1. to help differentiate it from the regular blue handles (in case you are editing both types of nodes with the overlay turned on) and 2. to visually convey "pressure" in a way that straight handles can't...

It would also be AWESOME to have mechanism to capture (from pressure sensitive tablet) and apply pressure settings to a pre-existing path, but that's a version 2.0 feature Gotta save some goodies for the upgrades, right? ;)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 4 months later...