You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy background and use it for painting?

Hello

I was wondering if it by any way is possible to copy any kind of background in a picture and then use this copy to paint in another picture? I need a picture to have the same background as another picture. The background is not found on the internet or made up; its taken on location with a unique background and this is the one I need in another picture too. Perhaps its possible to use a brush tool? Copy it and then post it? 

I really need your tips. 

Thank you

Yes. Although without seeing either, it is hard to advise the best method.

I suggest you watch these two videos, then come back with any questions. Best to ask in the Questions forum though.

Search for ...

Affinity Photo. Compositing Landscapes

Affinity Photo. Cutting Out

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Very easy. Just add a pixel layer (Layer/New Layer) above the Background and paint on this. AP has a superb range of brush and the ability to control these. It handles pressure-sensitive tablets. You could even add a set of pixel layers, painting increasing detail and using blending modes to control these.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.