You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stabilizer - Windows mode - End of line bug?

MacOS Sierra 10.12.5.  In the previous beta, when using the Pencil Tool with Stabilizer/Windows mode enabled:

When drawing a line and stopping at the end, the "rope" automatically disappeared/pulled itself up, so the line ended where you are pointing after a short period.

In the latest beta 3, the line never ends at the end point, but stops with a "rope" loose, making I hard to actually terminate the line a predefined place. The faster you move, the more the problem.

Br Jens

• Staff

This behaviour has always been the case with the window stabiliser... I may change it in future to move to the end position, but it hasn't changed over time. Your operating system will not affect this behaviour, so don't worry about that. :)

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

This behaviour has always been the case with the window stabiliser... I may change it in future to move to the end position, but it hasn't changed over time. Your operating system will not affect this behaviour, so don't worry about that. :)

Hi Matt,

Hmmmm... I have been using the Window stabilizer for really really many working hours in total, and are quite used to how it reacts, and the way it works have changed in the latest beta - it no longer stops at the place where you stop drawing (it's like it now behaves a little like the rope tool, but if you back a little bit it winds the rope up almost entirely). Window stabilizer was like a elastics rope winding up by itself, and the rope was fixed in length. Perhaps some changes in the way you handle Mouse, Wacom tablet (and Astropad on iPad) has changed and are reflected here - it's the same experience using all the input methods.

I hope you will make the tool usable again in the future - this was one of the features that would make me switch to Designer, especially if it was possible to control smoothness separately :-)

Br Jens

• Staff

I'll certainly look into it, but I haven't changed anything with respect to how the window stabiliser works and what you're describing is how it has always worked for me? As I said, I'll probably have a look at it in the future anyway and make it catch up with the mouse at the end of the stroke... :)

Thanks again,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.