You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

no noise in fill Pixel layer

Hi, great program, great work, and I hope you can continue making it even better!

I cannot seem to add noise to a pixel layer with a fill

My Steps:

Create document (I chose Web, custom, 4000x4000 pixels (but same with default web doc size))

Create pixel layer

Choose fill tool

Pick colour

Click opacity/noise toggle

Increase noise not possible

Slider slides but resets back to zero. Other times it has moved and stayed in place but still does not change noise level. This is on both the top context menu or on the right fill menu tab.

This works in the mac version of the released AF ver. 1.5.2, and but NOT in the Windows beta 1.6.0.75, OR released version for Windows 1.5.2.69

I can however, create a rectangle and add noise to the fill colour in this rectangle in Windows versions, just like Mac596a2efc8090d_AFWinandbeta16075noisefill.thumb.gif.5c4abf55e1a82998cd16440448b2b958.gif

I hope the Windows version can operate like the mac version :)

Further to this it seems that if I switch (Alt+tab) in and out of the program, then a certain level of noise appears. You might be able to see this slight noise on the doc in the  animated attached gif, as it is there slightly, but once in the program, I cannot control it.

Hi Ian R,

The noise adjustment that you are using is for vector objects. To add Noise to a Pixel Layer go to either

1. Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Noise to nondestructively add noise
  2. Filter > Noise > Add Noise to add noise that is fixed.

Hope this helps. :)

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.