You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

So I bought Affinity Photo just the other day and I am really liking this program. However, since there have been reported issues of jagged lines when drawing, especially with tablets, I tried out the Beta for 1.6 to see if the issue was fixed.

First things first, the new stabilizer feature is an improvement over the live version, which I have an example of with this first attempt at doing some lineart with the software (I used Lazy Nezumi Pro, but there are still artifacts of jagged lines in there when zooming in).

5969026914a09_AkkoEasterWitchAffinity.thumb.png.8a9542ad46ffe1d8416d2278787866f8.png

As I said before, the jagged lines are improved upon in 1.6, but there is still one problem that really hampers my ability to create quick, smooth lines. The new version can handle straight lines pretty well, but when it comes to curved lines, there seems to be some form of input lag going on when I first begin the stroke (I am not using a regular brush, so the edges are rough on purpose).

5969018c1cc6f_Jaggedlines.thumb.png.45412176417701c85921043c13f13d01.png

As can be clearly seen here, the brush strokes start off by not being able to recognize when I begin to sweep my pen in one direction, instead creating this edged curve that then practically disappears once a certain period of time has gone by (this also affects brush size based on pen pressure to an extent). However, the brush still creates a little bit of jagged lines in curves when it appears that it can't keep up with the speed that I draw in. While not as bad as in the live version, this makes me have to slow down my drawing/painting to the point where I have to wait every time for the program to properly respond to the input I am giving it through my Wacom Cintiq 13 inch HD tablet.

If there is some solution to this, I will be able to drop Photoshop as my go to program fairly quickly.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.