Sign in to follow this  
Stanley

Bug with group blend modes

This bug happens consistently and after I power off and on my iPad. I've got the latest iOS and AP 1.6.3.43. I'm in the layers studio, in RGB. 

I start with 2 layers:
Top layer: bright green pixel layer, blend mode darken
Bottom layer: mid grey pixel layer
Result: a dull green, as expected.

Select the top layer and tap group:
The blend mode of the group is normal
The blend mode of the bright green pixel layer in the group is darken
Result: unchanged, a dull green: the pixels from the grey bottom layer are entering the bottom of the group and darkening the bright green pixel layer in the group.

Tap the group to select it. Tap ... (more). In the window, tap the blend mode (is  normal). In the list of blend modes that appears, tap normal. 
Result: what I see suddenly changes from dull green to bright green. Suddenly the pixels from the grey bottom layer have stopped entering the bottom of the group and influencing the bright green pixel layer in the group.

The bug is that changing the group's blend mode from normal to normal shouldn't change what I see. Should pixels from the grey bottom layer be able to enter the bottom of the group and influence the layers in the group?

If I then change the group's blend mode to darken, I see the dull green again, as I expect.

Stan

I believe the issue is that the Passthrough Blend mode entry/item is missing in the iPad version. When you group the top layer, i believe the blend mode is set to passthrough (for the group) despite it saying Normal mode and so the bottom layer (grey) is still affected. When you change the group blend mode from "Normal (Passthrought)" to Normal it actually sets the blend mode to Normal and thus stops affecting the grey layer outside the group as expected. I will log this to be looked at.