Firoze

Missing Photos and Albums while importing into AP, and random order of albums.

Hello,

I am using Affinity Photo (AP) 1.6.3 on iPad Pro 12.9" 512Gb (2017) running iOS 10.2.3. My entire photos library of 40000 photos is synced on iCloud.

Bug #1: When end trying to import a photo into AP from the Apple Photos app, I notice that a great many photos are not showing up in the import pane. As well, a lot of albums are also not showing up. The missing photos are both jpegs & RAW, which are either original, or edited in the Mac Photos app. 

Bug #2: The sequence of the albums displayed in the import pane is completely random, it is neither alphabetical, not chronological. I have over a hundred albums in my library and this random sequence makes it extremely frustrating to find an album. 

I trust these bugs will soon be fixed. In addition to fixing the bugs, if it were possible to have a search field in the import pane, this would make it extremely convenient to find a photo by keyword, or an album by name. (One can search by keywords in the Apple iOS Photos app). 

Better still, if a photo could be directly imported into AP from the Apple Photos app, this would be best of all!

Thanks & regards.

Hi Firoze

The missing folder mainly seems to affect those create outside of icloud syncing, we have identified this and have already produced a fix for this ins our latest beta so it should be in the next release. 

I presume we use a similar order to the Photos app, however I shall look into this and pass it on to development.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message. In my case, the missing albums were created on the Mac Photos app. However other albums created on the Mac Photos app do appear in the import pane, so it is strange why only some albums do not appear. For your reference, these missing albums DO appear in the import panes of other photo editing apps on my iPad, I hope the next release of AP will fix this bug.

As for the sort order the albums are displayed in the import pane, this is order is completely random and does not at all match the order of the albums in the Apple Photos app on iPad. Again, for your reference, in the other photo editing apps on iPad, the sort order is identical to the order in the Apple Photos app. I trust this bug will also be fixed. 

I would be be most helpful if the developers could incorporate a search feature in the import pane, which would make it extremely convenient to find a photo by keyword, or an album by name. The Apple Photos app has this feature, so I imagine it would be possible to incorporate it in AP as well.

Thanks again, and regards,

Firoze

Will this be addressed soon? The sort order of Photos’ album still appears to be totally random. I also have hundreds of albums, which makes retrieving a photo from an alum difficult to find..... swipe.....swipe.....swipe....etc.