Patrick Connor

Upgraded Affinity forums are here

244 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PeanutsA said:

Like RobNJ my eyesight was helped but by strong Yorkshire tea

For all we know, @RobNJ may also have been drinking strong Yorkshire tea. He merely mentioned caffeine, without specifying its source. ;)

1 hour ago, PeanutsA said:

I found an 'End' button along with another 'Home' button hidden, but apart, down in the numeric keys ..... yipee  - now what's it for

Knowing that the 'Home' and 'End' keys are a twosome, and knowing that the 'Home' key takes you to the beginning of the page, you might reasonably expect that the 'End' key will take you to the end of the page. Try it!

PeanutsA likes this

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.6.1.93) • Affinity Photo (1.6.1.93) • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)

Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.7.69 beta iOS 11.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

55 minutes ago, Alfred said:

For all we know, @RobNJ may also have been drinking strong Yorkshire tea. He merely mentioned caffeine, without specifying its source. ;)

Guilty, as charged! Four bags of Yorkshire Red, in a pot to make 2 12oz mugs, after a 5 minute steep :D

Alfred likes this

Not sure where to post this but what is the latest on Affinity Publisher? There was meant to be a beta version out in 2017. I am very keen to test it against InDesign :)

As regards this forum software

Clicking on the Activity Tab and then All Activity does not appear to include any activity from the "News and Information" forum.

Has this always been the case or has something changed?

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

6 minutes ago, carl123 said:

As regards this forum software

Clicking on the Activity Tab and then All Activity does not appear to include any activity from the "News and Information" forum.

Has this always been the case or has something changed?

When I clicked on 'All Activity' just now, Carl, your post was at the top of the list!

carl123 likes this

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.6.1.93) • Affinity Photo (1.6.1.93) • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)

Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.7.69 beta iOS 11.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks Alfred

On further investigation it may have been due to how new users posts are moderated as the 2 new posts I could not see were both by newbies.

All looks OK now but I'll look further into it, at the time, if it happens again

Alfred likes this

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hot damn I have been away too long but man this forum is so much faster. What a pleasant welcoming back!

Patrick Connor likes this

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:12 AM, Oval said:

The problem is that the new page number is not the same like the old page number (was):

…index.php?/topic/nnnn-topic-name/page-n#entryn

These links in old posts should be replaced by something like …/&do=findComment&comment=entryn or /?p=entryn

(For example we don’t get the correct post because you search on page 5 but in the new forum it is on page 4. So why do you use page numbers [not only the entry number]? Just to be quicker but wrong?)

For example Sean P should use something like https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/35449-affinity-designer-152/?p=179254 
here and therenot  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/35449-affinity-designer-152/page-3#entry179254

We have now addressed all these "page-x" and "#entry" broken links with the exception of the 2 occurrences in this thread. Thanks for bringing it to our attention

Alfred likes this

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hi. 
I haven't been present in the forum in a while.
In the meantime, my profile signature is outdated (about Macbook, Sierra and so in) and I can't find a way to edit it. 

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.0

MacBook Pro 8 GB
High Sierra 10.13.1

19 minutes ago, Madame said:

Hi. 
I haven't been present in the forum in a while.
In the meantime, my profile signature is outdated (about Macbook, Sierra and so in) and I can't find a way to edit it. 

At the top right of this page, click on your user name & in the popup menu that appears, click on "Account Settings." In the window that appears, click on "Signature" in the list on the left. (The direct link is https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings/signature/).

From there you can edit your info.

Patrick Connor likes this

Affinity Photo 1.6.6; Affinity Designer 1.6.0; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

2 hours ago, R C-R said:

At the top right of this page, click on your user name & in the popup menu that appears, click on "Account Settings." In the window that appears, click on "Signature" in the list on the left. (The direct link is https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/settings/signature/).

From there you can edit your info.

Thanks so much, R C-R. I was getting lost in the "Edit Profile department".

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Affinity Designer 1.6.0

MacBook Pro 8 GB
High Sierra 10.13.1

On 21/10/2017 at 0:29 PM, Oval said:

That is an example of one we missed, but it would be more helpful if you said where you found it

I mended them by hand (to leave behind the examples in this thread) So I thought I had done them all. 

Where's the source hyperlink for this one that I missed please? 

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

On 21. Oktober 2017 at 1:34 PM, Patrick Connor said:

by hand

Sorry, If we had known or even guessed that those broken links would be searched and mended by hand, we would not have reported that problem.

12 hours ago, Oval said:

Sorry, If we had known or even guessed that those broken links would be searched and mended by hand, we would not have reported that problem.

Searched & found automatically, but mended by hand so we didn't have to take the forum database offline. That's why I thought I had done them as the automatic search found all (or most it would seem)

You still have not said where you found that link... 

A_B_C likes this

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

On 24. Oktober 2017 at 2:26 PM, Patrick Connor said:

You still have not said where you found that link... 

Sorry, but other things are much more important now.

My first post here; and I am so pleased to find these forums. I run a forum myself (looks like the same software, too), so know how helpful they are. So, just wanting to say thanks!