• Announcements

• Patrick Connor

Forum Upgrade   07/12/2017

Welcome to the upgraded Affinity Forums. This change will allow us to add more features and block spam better. If you have any problems using these forums as a result of the upgrade, please post in the the similarly named News forum thread.
Patrick Connor

Upgraded Affinity forums are here

117 posts in this topic

Welcome to the new Affinity Forums.  

These forums have been upgraded to the latest version of the forums in the Invision Power Services Community Suite. This will allow us to add more features in future and block spam better.  

If you have any problems using these forums, please use this thread below to discuss them with us.
MBd, Jakerlund and Frankentoon like this

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Hi,

The new forum looks fantastic. It is fast and this mini editor is great, too.

Nice things happen on the way to the Affinity software.

Besli and ezareepov like this

Best regards,

Petar Petrenko

Typesetter, Graphic Designer, Photographer

Skopje, Makedonija

Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

Windows 10 x64

34 minutes ago, BeverlyE said:

Will our content return? At this time I'm unable to find my previous posts to follow any replies. 

All existing content is still being reindexed, and when complete searching for your content should work fine. We decided to reopen while this process was still underway, as most of the forum functionality is working.

JeffreyMow and BeverlyE like this

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Do we really need a user "Leaderboard" & the weird "Days won" thing? :(

One of the reasons I like(d) the Affinity forums so much better than some others is (was) the absence of anything that suggested there was anything competitive about posting.

LilleG, Alfred, A_B_C and 1 other like this

Affinity Photo 1.5.2; Affinity Designer 1.5.5; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

Will take some time to adjust …

The framework is *very prominent* now (we are slightly losing the focus on content), but the main problem I see is the width of the container. It has a max-width of 1500px, which results, given the current font size in a line length of waaaaay beyond the proverbial 50 to 70 characters or 8 to 12 words … or whatever number you would like to use as a rule of thumb. The first thing I will do is attach

.ipsLayout_container {
    max-width: 1000px !important;
}

to my browser style sheet … ;-)

Hope you can give us a handle to change this …

Cheers

R C-R likes this

22 minutes ago, MBd said:

can one delete posts now?

The possibility to delete posts has nothing to do with the version of the software but rather a permission setting that an administrator can set. Letting users delete their posts might have negative consequences which is why this might be disabled. I know in vBulletin forums you can at least let users delete a post as long as there is no reply yet.

ezareepov likes this

why has the administrator disabled the option to disable email notifications for "someone comments on something I follow"? 

this is probably driving me mad 

I just want notifications in the forum list/ notification 

18 minutes ago, MBd said:

why has the administrator disabled the option to disable email notifications for "someone comments on something I follow"? 

this is probably driving me mad 

I just want notifications in the forum list/ notification 

Quite right. All the new follow options seem to have defaulted to on, I' sure we can change the defaults, but the admin UI has all changed too. Please bear with us.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Quite right. All the new follow options seem to have defaulted to on, I' sure we can change the defaults, but the admin UI has all changed too. Please bear with us.

Default on is not an issue 

but I'm not allowed to turn it off 

can an you improve the mobile view?

when I view a topic my whole screen is covered with "announcement" and big profile pictures later down the thread disturb reading 

Disabling "Play a sound when I receive a notification" in Notifications Settings is not working for me -- it is not checked but I am getting ANNOYINGLY loud & frequent blurbing sounds every time someone posts anything to the topic.

Affinity Photo 1.5.2; Affinity Designer 1.5.5; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

2 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Disabling "Play a sound when I receive a notification" in Notifications Settings is not working for me -- it is not checked but I am getting ANNOYINGLY loud & frequent blurbing sounds every time someone posts anything to the topic.

Are you sure that's not email notification sounds and not forum noise? Can you mute the browser tab and see if it stops? 

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

13 minutes ago, MBd said:

Default on is not an issue 

but I'm not allowed to turn it off 

can an you improve the mobile view?

when I view a topic my whole screen is covered with "announcement" and big profile pictures later down the thread disturb reading 

Yes I understand.

There's no setting for the announcement on mobile as opposed to desktop. I've stopped it showing on pages other than forum pages.

I think that seeing avatars is an optional setting 

MBd likes this

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

• Ok I still see the announcement thing but maybe that is ...

• squeezing the avatar/ name portion of each post is definitely a huge thing...

• On mobile and desktop your affinity logo is blurry 

• the genious from the makers of this software who designed the small notification button next to the message button on mobile deserves a cookie as well... 

• WHY is the "reply to topic" button on top TOP eating up space?? Is one supposed to reply before reading?... really 

is is there even an option to get notified by the forum and not by mail?????

...acutally I do ONLY get notified by mail although I checked "A notification when new content is posted"

the desktop version is mostly usable though

if the mobile usability and THE NOTIFICATION/ MAIL thing can be fixed this is an actual upgrade 

IMG_4264.PNG

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-13 um 19.00.15.png

bug.jpg

bad mobile.jpg

ram.png

Edited by MBd
forum uses more RAM than photo

52 minutes ago, VIPStephan said:

I know in vBulletin forums you can at least let users delete a post as long as there is no reply yet.

It's the same in phpBB forums. It makes sense to disallow deletion of posts where there have been replies, but the last post can safely be deleted without breaking the thread.

BTW, what's happened to the ability to switch off formatting when composing a message, and why don't emoticons show up? :huh:

jer likes this

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.5.3.69, beta 1.6.0.75)Affinity Photo (1.5.2.69, beta 1.6.0.75) • APh for iPad 1.6.3 (but no iPad  yet!)

Windows 10 Home4th gen Core i3 CPU

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Are you sure that's not email notification sounds and not forum noise? Can you mute the browser tab and see if it stops? 

It is not an email notification sound -- I have "New Messages Sound" set to "None" in my Mail app. I can mute the browser tab in Safari (which tells me the sound is coming from the site & not my mail app) but that only works after a notification sound has played.

Also annoyingly, in the old forum software I had all email notifications disabled but the ones for new content, new message, & perhaps others were switched back on after the update. I have disabled them again but it remains to be seen if that will stop new ones.

I think maybe there is a lag between when I hit "Save" in Notifications Settings & when it takes effect on the server side. Maybe this will sort itself out in an hour or two?

EDIT: All email notifications options were turned off about 1.5 hours ago but I am still getting individual email notifications every time someone posts to this topic & others I follow. But the notification sounds have (finally) stopped.

EDIT #2: Still getting emails about new forum posts to topics I follow, more than five hours after turning them off in forum settings.

EDIT #3: I just realized this must be because the "Someone comments on something I follow" email notification setting is on, dimmed, & when I roll over it I get a popup telling me an administrator has disabled the option from being toggled.

Surely this is an oversight & will be corrected, soon I hope.

Looks neat ! maybe too neat even for my  taste.  Cant you customize its style further? It doesnt has to do anything with the affinity  products and affinity  site style. Check some forums like Cinema 4d cafe or the foundry, or autodesk communities  for the matter !

Mischugo likes this

The editor and the tags for each post (if there any) are nice. But for me. nothing more.

To much borders, frames, hover, hints, arrows ... over all, a graphic overhead. Sorry!

LorenHeste likes this

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM

Activity feed looks like the way to access the forum on a mobile device, at least for active users. Focuses more on text than eye candy. I'll be giving that one a try to begin with. 

2 hours ago, VIPStephan said:

I’m missing the “newest threads” overview. Can we get that back?

The "New content" button does that now, and you can modify the search and save it for future use.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

56 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The "New content" button does that now, and you can modify the search and save it for future use.

The 'Unread Content' links (at the top and bottom of the page) do what the 'View New Content' link (at the top of the page) did in the previous version, showing all new posts satisfying the current filter criteria. I don't see an equivalent to the little panel we had at the top right, where you could see a list of the most recent topics.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer (1.5.3.69, beta 1.6.0.75)Affinity Photo (1.5.2.69, beta 1.6.0.75) • APh for iPad 1.6.3 (but no iPad  yet!)

Windows 10 Home4th gen Core i3 CPU

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The 'Unread Content' links (at the top and bottom of the page) do what the 'View New Content' link (at the top of the page) did in the previous version, showing all new posts satisfying the current filter criteria. I don't see an equivalent to the little panel we had at the top right, where you could see a list of the most recent topics.

I've got lot of 'activity' options here on the mobile version under the burger menu. Are they for moderators only? 

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.