Hi AffinityAppMan

There is no way to increase the size of the brush above 1024px this size limit was set at the design stage.

10 hours ago, AffinityAppMan said:

Is there a way to make the Liquify Persona BRUSH SIZE bigger than 1024px ???

Sorry, but I have to ask. Why ?

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

9 hours ago, AffinityAppMan said:

Why not?  Why limit the app?

To paraphrase the words of the great philosopher (Dirty Harry) "An app has to know its limitations".

Why make a Chevy small block engine of 400 cubic inches. Why not make it 1000 cubic inches or bigger. Why does 400 have to be a limitation ?

I suppose it comes down to someone saying, that is enough, anything bigger is a waste of time and resources.

Mind you, a 1000 cubic inch Chevy would be fun at Santa Pod.

34 minutes ago, toltec said:

I suppose it comes down to someone saying, that is enough, anything bigger is a waste of time and resources.

Mind you, a 1000 cubic inch Chevy would be fun at Santa Pod.

I think you've answered the question you posed in your previous post:

36 minutes ago, toltec said:

Why does 400 have to be a limitation ?

Anything bigger would be too much fun, obviously! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 minute ago, toltec said:

Just guessing but I think it is because the transformation of every pixel covered by the brush requires a calculation involving every other pixel covered by the brush. The total number of pixels involved grows at the square of the brush radius, so without some limit the calculation could quickly become too complex to perform in a reasonable amount of time.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

Just guessing but I think it is because the transformation of every pixel covered by the brush requires a calculation involving every other pixel covered by the brush. The total number of pixels involved grows at the square of the brush radius, so without some limit the calculation could quickly become too complex to perform in a reasonable amount of time.

That's the best answer so far. I think you have a point R C-R.

i had a situation with an image that I needed the brush to be a little larger.  Luckily that's not always the case.

Hopefully between technology and programming there will be away to implement this in the future.

cheers

15 minutes ago, AffinityAppMan said:

That's the best answer so far. I think you have a point R C-R.

I don't know how accurate it is but I believe this is an instance of what is informally known as a "combinatorial explosion."

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1