You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 3)

Matt I like the extra flexibility afforded by your current implementation as well...

I love the idea of having an Isolate command! Hide All But Selected seems a tad wordy

That's all I could come up with to describe it. I don't care what it's called...

@Retrograde, There is merit in keeping the consistency of the command names associated, i.e., keeping all the Hide commands or Lock commands named similarly... as u suggested... just thinking out loud :)

That's all I could come up with to describe it. I don't care what it's called...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Great job with the new beta Team Affinity! 

One strange regression though (since first 1.6 betas): Greyscale documents sometimes have a strange, inverted palette and are not greyscale at all. 

Check the attached image: the "transparent" background colour and the not-at-all-light-grey rectangle. The bug often disappears after switching to a different greyscale profile.

EDIT: ooops, sorry for such a big picture, I had no idea it would be displayed inline and take so much space in the thread... 

screenshot.png

In Blender I believe it's called "isolate" and it's the "/" key on the numpad. Works like a charm, use it all the time.

What's cool about it is that you don't need to hide or lock anything else as it only allows viewing and editing of whatever you've isolated. Hitting the "/" key again returns you back to the normal ui. Nice and simple. :-)

• Staff
8 minutes ago, VIPStephan said:

And I seem to remember that Matt said, the incompatibility is mainly related to text; so as long as you don’t have text in your document you may be able to open 1.6 beta documents in 1.5.

That's definitely mainly true but best to not totally depend on that working - we'll do our absolute best to make sure that documents created in the Betas will always work going forwards, and if there was a reason why we had to break things, we'd offer to fix files for people to get them over the wrinkle, so it's not a terrible risk, but it may not be quite as stable as the released version just yet (but it should be very good...)

Just some minor interface quirks in the German version I ran into within the first minute. See attached screenshots.

(Edit: Had no idea they show up this huge, sorry for that)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-17 um 10.30.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-17 um 10.32.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-17 um 10.32.17.png

Edited by Matthias

I don't know if this happened to someone else but, i've opened a file with some vertical guides on it and when i zoom in and zoom out the guides are moving too! Really weird! Rendering issue? I have the default beta preferences so i'm assuming i'm on opengl. Mac Mini on MacOS Sierra.

• Staff
13 hours ago, dcarvalho84 said:

I don't know if this happened to someone else but, i've opened a file with some vertical guides on it and when i zoom in and zoom out the guides are moving too! Really weird! Rendering issue? I have the default beta preferences so i'm assuming i'm on opengl. Mac Mini on MacOS Sierra.

Could you show me? Either a couple of screenshots at different zooms, or a quick screen recording (QuickTime is built in to the system and allows you to record the screen)

Thanks!

Matt

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Could you show me? Either a couple of screenshots at different zooms, or a quick screen recording (QuickTime is built in to the system and allows you to record the screen)

Thanks!

Matt

Here it is Matt.

5 Screenshots because it is really simple to see what i'm talking about. Screenshot 0 is the default/normal guides position. The other ones are really weird :)

I have the affdesign file too so you can replicate.

All you have to do is to hold alt and use your mouse scroll wheel to replicate it. Note: With the zoom tool it doesn't seem to happen.

If you need anything else let me know.

0.png

testfile.afdesign

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Thank you! I'll have to dig out a mouse.... and a USB A->C converter! ;) 

You're Welcome ;) This should be enough for you to put me on the Afffinity Designer for ipad testing team :p

I think you can replicate with any bluetooth mouse too. Apple mouse for instance.

• Staff

Haha! Mice are soooo 2011 ;)

I did try it with my mouse and I can occasionally get it to draw guides in the wrong position when I pan, so I think that's the same thing - I'll look into it and get it sorted out, thanks! :)

5 minutes ago, dcarvalho84 said:

You're Welcome ;) This should be enough for you to put me on the Afffinity Designer for ipad testing team :p

I think you can replicate with any bluetooth mouse too. Apple mouse for instance.

Sneaky, sneaky … I doubt that "using a mouse" qualifies you for iPad testing, but it's worth a try. ;-)

8 minutes ago, Jens Krebs said:

Sneaky, sneaky … I doubt that "using a mouse" qualifies you for iPad testing, but it's worth a try. ;-)

@Jens Krebs i'm talking about finding something that nobody seems to identify yet ;)

And like @MattPsaid i'm archaic metodology which i can port to ipad aswell :D

Please keep delighting us with your amazing software. And i didn't forget publisher! Waiting for it.

Quick Bug-report: I still have to manually load my custom keybinds everytime i open the app.

Guidelines are jumping/glitching all over the place when zooming in/out and margin lines are often times bugged and therefore not visible until you manually change one of the values and click "ok".

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB, ROG PG348Q

• Staff
27 minutes ago, farbenfeuer said:

Quick Bug-report: I still have to manually load my custom keybinds everytime i open the app.

Guidelines are jumping/glitching all over the place when zooming in/out and margin lines are often times bugged and therefore not visible until you manually change one of the values and click "ok".

Thanks for this - we're already looking into both these issues :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.