Hi,

I more or less understand how you can create a new bitmap-based "vector brush". But I need my output to be pure vector (no rasterisation) and I'm wondering if something like in the image attached could be created as a custom vector stroke brush?

It's simply two lines with crossed lines in the middle.

Is there any way to create a brush like this that could be: 1) Applied to a stroke; 2) Pure vector (no bitmap or rasterisation on export).

Thanks in advance!

post-17378-0-12667200-1499862792_thumb.png

Thank you.

As I understand it, it's not currently possible to import Illustrator vector brushes either, correct?

So I was wondering if it's possible edit an existing stroke brush. Please see the image attached. I'm trying to create a single line with breaks in it, by using the pressure tool. But while it appears that these changes are saved on the brush, if I try to apply to a simple line, the effect is not transferred to this line.

post-17378-0-18312300-1499865088_thumb.png

You may be able to make what you want by changing the pressure curve on pen strokes.

Attached, a stroke with varied width, all the way down to a seeming break. The stroke, the stroke filled w. a gradient, and then that w transparency added.

post-34886-0-02694500-1499876886_thumb.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

You may be able to make what you want by changing the pressure curve on pen strokes.

Attached, a stroke with varied width, all the way down to a seeming break. The stroke, the stroke filled w. a gradient, and then that w transparency added.

attachicon.gifStrokePressure.jpg

That's what I would normally do, and I'm living in hope that a much more detailed and customisable pressure interface arrives ......... It's truly essential to me as a designer. But here I'm trying to edit a pure vector brush, so I can apply that kind of effect to multiple lines. But my edits are just not being applied (I'm on the latest Beta, by the way).