dohearne

Crashes on Blemish (raw) and Inpainting (developed)

I so wanted this approach to work but it is not. I presently use LR Mobile and Adobe CC for Photographers. I have Affininty 1.6.3 . Affinity for iPad offered the potential of an all mobile workflow. After investing considerable time in tutorials, I decided to try some serious editing. I am on an iPad Pro 9.7 with 256 GB memory. I imported a Canon raw file from Photos and then began a raw edit. Everything worked fine but when I tried the blemish removal in the raw editor, Affinity crashed and I lost my work. I repeated the raw edits and then developed the image, but when I tried Inpainting the developed image crashed again. I notice in the forum other references to crashes. Crashes which result in lost work are for me a "no go" on working further with software. I commend you for the development of Affinity for iPad but for now I will remain with a less feature rich mobile solution but which is robust with no crashes, plus I do not have to do a work around for my DAM.

Hey dohearne,

Thanks for the feedback. We know about the Inpainting crashes are we're working on it. We've almost cracked it a few times but it still needs some work. Th beta's are slowly showing improvements in stability. I haven't come across a crash with the blemish removal however I'll give it some attention and see if I can reproduce it.

Although not the same problem with crashing, I'm finding the inpainting brush randomly changes into a red paintbrush when using it for close up skin retouching, leaving a red mark the same size and shape as the brush on the image.

IMG_4995.PNG

Hey paulwright,

I've had this happen but I've never found a recipe to reproduce it in order to show development. It may be worth reporting to them even without a recipe now though as I'm seeing a couple of posts a week regarding this.