You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Splash Screen Art - Advance masking effects & Image extracting

ronniemcbride

Take a person out of a picture and putting it in another picture  is probably one of the hardest things to do in an image editing application. The fact that I can do this inside a vector application excites me! You use to have to go back and forth from Photoshop to illustrator to do this while combining your vector and pixel workflows is just amazing.

I am really digging this hybrid approach to design and image creation! There just not enough hours in the day! Thank You Affinity for putting the fun back into the game! I can't waitto see what the future of this application has in store for us!

Fake-Affinty-Designer-Spash-Screen-Mixme

This looks great Ronnie and very promising for people who do a lot of that kind of work.  Any chance of a tut on this or is that something you're going to cover in your classes?

I agree on the pleasure aspect of working in AD, I can't wait to dive back into something soon. Really looking forward to some of those promised updates to AD and the beta for Photo.  Bring it on guys!!  :D

Cheers.

Thanks Retrograde!  One of my students posted the following words in the class discussion boards "Most fun I've had in a while. :-)"  I could not agree with him more! To answer your question I explain how to extract images in my course, but I do touch on technique in one of my earlier youtube videos on creating your own smoke brush. here the link to that video 

+1 on your AD and Photo Beta! I am salivating like a bulldog  on a bone hahaha! I can't wait! I might be download number one when it comes out hahaha!

With that wolf about, I'm not surprised the Affinity staff have gone into hiding....Howwwoooool! :lol:

hahahaha! : 

Duh, How could I have a Wolf and not have a mammal of the Felidae family. Hahaha! Yes, David you must play there is some really great potential in here that really gets me excited about AP Beta! 

Fake-Affinty-Designer-Spash-Screen-3.jpg

Yup, They did real well with that branding.  The only thing they forgot to have a little fun. 

Yar!!!!!

Fake-Affinty-Designer-Spash-Screen-4.jpg

hahahaha! Peter you and I can go all day with these antics hahahahaha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvBPCm25z4I

ron/nie/mc/bride/we/'ll/run/with/these/songs/to/night...to paraphrase Surburbia by The Pet Shop Boys

(Let's take a ride, and run with the dogs tonight. In Suburbia...)

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

ron/nie/mc/bride/we/'ll/run/with/these/songs/to/night...to paraphrase Surburbia by The Pet Shop Boys

(Let's take a ride, and run with the dogs tonight. In Suburbia...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqAvFx3NxUM All night long! by Lionel Richie! lol

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Brilliant Peter!  Brilliant hahahaha!

Duh, How could I have a Wolf and not have a mammal of the Felidae family. Hahaha! Yes, David you must play there is some really great potential in here that really gets me excited about AP Beta! 

Fake-Affinty-Designer-Spash-Screen-3.jpg

Hey! Did you see that? A cat called MattP crept in, then back out again :ph34r:  :P

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• Staff

Yeah, sorry I've not been around much for a few days - I'm feeling really poorly, as is my wife, but my young son has not been at all well so we've been a bit pre-occupied :(  Am back at work again now but not particularly well still! (although the pirate cats are clearly helping!) :)