You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing jpeg into Affinity changes the image color

I ran into something I haven't found an answer for yet. When I imported an image into Affinity Photo I noticed that the color changed slightly once the image was in the program.

When I subsequently exported this image the color remained different from the color of the original image.

Why does this happen? What can I do to keep these colors the same? Does it have something to do with the color profile settings?

Thanks in advance for your help!

post-50445-0-81403300-1499743367_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Kirsten,

Welcome to the forums.

This may be down to colour profiles, do you know which colour profile you have set in macOS and if Affinity Photo is set to use the same? The image may have a colour profile assigned, if you can upload a copy to here we can check it.

Ah, interesting, and that makes sense.

The profile for my MacBook Pro is currently set at 'Color LCD'. And Affinity Photo has its color profile currently set to 'sRGB IEC61966-2.1'. The image I was importing was also set for 'Color LCD'.

I played around with the settings on Affinity's color profiles, but was unable to find a setting that would produce the same color as the image I am importing. Is there a way to figure out which setting corresponds to the color profile on the image?

I've attached the image and some screenshots of my color profile settings.

Thanks for the quick response. :)

post-50445-0-83133600-1499817178_thumb.png

post-50445-0-53952900-1499817186_thumb.png

post-50445-0-37093600-1499817206_thumb.png

post-50445-0-29797400-1499817243_thumb.jpg