You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Beta 1.6.0.75 - BSOD after update NVIDIA driver 384.76

Hi,

Seems it is quite easy to produce a BSOD with the latest NVIDIA drivers as in this thread I reported earlier for the Production Version:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/43230-ap-15269-bsod-after-update-nvidia-driver-38476/ 

In this case it was resizing a transparent layer beyond the bounds of the image (i.e. a frame) and changing the blend mode. The image is 500MB+ if you want.

Again no problem with the Intel GPU as the base.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Sorry forgot to post the image file causing the problems. You can download it from - https://www.dropbox.com/s/uttef2n40ub9ir9/EOS%205DS%20R172803-HDR.afphoto?dl=0 

But really it happens randomly an in various situations.

I'm not sure what the issue is as I have seen this sort of thing happen with Windows XP apps where there are mixed GDI/OpenGL calls but you guys only support Windows 7 onward.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

I'm sure you are right but it is just a heads up as it is an issue in both...

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

I was having some problems with my NVidia drivers.  Not your problem, but its control would become inaccessible, just disappear..  The right click option would disappear, could not bring up NVidia's control panel without a restart.  What I read was to do a clean install of your NVidia drivers.  Download the newest drivers from NVidia. then delete everything labeled NVidia in Programs and Features, then in task manager delete the NVidia drivers.  Re-start your computer, then do the re-install of NVidia.  When you get to the installation options screen,select the custom install, select just the options you want or need (I selected just the graphics driver, nothing else).  Make sure to select the "perform a clean installation".  You will loose your NVidia settings so you'll have to reset your preferences.  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.