Pnt

Missing photos- missing from photos app and iCloud iPad air2

Try to add a new photo or panorama, select local source, many pictures are missing although I just opened them in the photo app. Go to iCloud and no photos are there to select although entire picture collection is up there.

I have been able to open files that I export through the photo app , but that is slow and awkward so right now Affinity is useless.

Hey Pnt, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Sorry I'm not following you. can you put what you are doing into steps? Also, I'm not sure if you are referring to 'Photos' or 'Affinity Photo' when you say 'I just opened them in the photo app'.

Sorry:

1) open affinity and start a panorama

2) try to find pictures locally to add to panorama- they are not found although I can find them in other photo apps include apple photo, ps express etc.

3) try to get the same photos from iCloud- still in the new panorama select items - no folder for photos is found although every other app finds them

4) if I export the photos inside the apple photo app and save them to iCloud I can then find them and import them in the affinity app - but so what; that is way to time consuming, not to mention silly.

Same issue if I just start with a single photo - missing photos locally and in iCloud- but only for affinity, other apps find them all.

Thought I had already posted this.

Sorry for the la k of clarity.

1) I can find and open photos both on my iPad and from iCloud in any other photo app. In affinity photo when I try and start a new Panorama or open an image a pictures are not found. A select group of local photos, but most are missing. The file type doesn't seem to matter, jpg raw tif, Nikon or Sony raw files or Apple photo JPEG.

I can get images into affinity by saving them to iCloud in apple photo and then finding them in affinity- but that is ridiculous

Thanks Pnt, I think this is related to the type of file and not the fact you're using an Air 2. (Edit - I think the comment from uwediskret confirms this). Any chance you guys can tell me what type of file is missing? I can see a number of different raw images and standard image types when I check my end. 

Hello,

is it the same problem what we have ?????

Chris_K

• The Assurer
  •  
  • Chris_K
  • Moderators
  • staff.png.c356aec36362b0392a2d932c9ff350
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationNottingham

Hi Firoze

The missing folder mainly seems to affect those create outside of icloud syncing, we have identified this and have already produced a fix for this ins our latest beta so it should be in the next release. 

I presume we use a similar order to the Photos app, however I shall look into this and pass it on to development.

Cheers

Have you asked to sign up for the beta? As Chris K said in his post that was linked above, the fix was added to the beta. I'm not sure when the beta will get pushed to a release so I cannot confirm how long you may have to wait without trying the beta - https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41764-affinity-photo-for-ipad-customer-beta/