You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Documentation or Manual for iPad?

Hi there,

I'm moving away from Adobe, and sadly NIK and, so I recently picked up a new iPad pro along with with the new Affinity app. Pretty amazing stuff, and am glad to see a leader emerge into this space.  

Beyond the video tutorials however, is there or will there be a manual for using this app? I find myself mashing virtual buttons and would like to follow a (RAW) workflow.

BTW the app seems pretty stable on iOS 11.

Cheers

Well aware of the costs. I'm in the business; if an application doesn't have or will not have sufficient documentation it may not have sustainable legs. I suspect that other authors will come to the foray at some point.  

Given that this is a new and probably regularly evolving app I would think that an up-to-date manual would be quite the challenge to provide. Keep in mind too the cost of this software compared to the alternatives.

The video tutorials are great, but I agree that a manual would be superb. Something like Victoria Bamford's (The Lightroom Queen) book (physical or ebook) would be wonderful, but I guess we'll need to wait for people to become experts and the user base be huge before this would be viable.

Sometimes it's useful to have a reference document. The on line help is excellent, but something that can be referred to while using the app would be preferable to in app.

• 1 year later...

I’m new to this app and using a small older iPad to read a manual or help page whilst using the app on my iPad Pro would be so helpful. I agree the videos and already existing help system is good but I do like a book rather than video to help me when needed. I suspect that there will be 3rd party authors already getting stuff done so hopefully we will not have to wait too long. Love the app though and quite enjoy learning digital illustration  so thanks all for a great pair of apps that I can afford. 

• 1 year later...

Google Affinity Revolution, Ezra has some great videos and a book too.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/