You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Snapping to grid problem when using multiple artboards

Hello Affinity,

i have constantly problem with snapping when i have several artboards in project. I have a huge problem to snap f.e. rectangles to grid even when i checked "snap to grid" only, so no other snapping option checked. If i create a new project, snapping works perfectly fine so i absolutely don't know what happen during project creation, but the snapping is always crippled sooner or later. I work on a mobile design which is in veeeeery early stage and snapping causing troubles to me again. I can send you source to check it out.

Second problem with snapping is that if i have rectangle with text inside, it snapping by the text baseline and causing the main rectangle is badly positioned, often with 0,x position even if i forced positioning by whole pixels.

This is not the issue of the latest beta. I have it in your public release as well.

Tom

Here is the pic (http://imgur.com/a/UvAOT) of snapping setting. There is only move by whole pixel and grid snap enabled and the grid is custom 16pt/2div. That magenta box "televize" is unable to snap on x=16. You have to zoom a lot to be able do the correct snap. I think the box is positioned by something in the artboard above. But it´s a bug in my opinion, coz i unchecked "snap to object bounding boxes". Pls take a look at linked .afdesign. I´ve started design and is annoying to do some progress when everything snaps incorrectly due to position of some element in different artboard.

Try to snap the magenta box to x=16 in "moje_sluzby2" artboard in 100% or 150% zoom, then delete artboard "heslo" and it will work.

source https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nx0zj1bafmkner/cerberos_zakaznici_final.afdesign?dl=0

I used released 1.5.3 and latest 1.6.0.75 - same issue

Thanks

Hi tomasnosek,

Thanks for the file and screenshot. I've been able to reproduce your issue but i'm not sure of what's causing it. I'm going to pass this to the dev team and someone will get/report back to you soon. Thanks for for letting us know about it.

Aaah, nice. I am not sure too, but if you delete other artboards (not even all of them), snapping should work fine. So it could be caused by snapping to other layers bounding boxes even if you have this option unchecked. I would start with this idea. Thank you a lot for support.

• Staff

I've found the issue.  It will be resolved in the next Beta.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.