You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How and where to pass the Aperture 3 data to work with Affinity

Good morning, I am an Aperture 3 user and have purchased the Affinity Photo program. I need help explaining how and where I can export my Raw files from the Aperture 3 library so I can work with Affinity and not lose data from my photos.

Thank you very much for your help.

There is a possibility that it is in Spanish.

Ricardo.

• Staff

Hi Ricardo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no direct workflow between Aperture and Affinity Photo when working with RAW files. To use the RAW files stored in Aperture library you have to export them to a folder first, then open them in Affinity Photo from that folder. To do this go to Aperture, select the RAW you want to export then press ⌘ (cmd) + ⇧ (shift) + S (or go to menu File ▸ Export ▸ Original...) to export the originals (RAW) to a folder, then open them in Affinity Photo using File ▸ Open.

You can set Affinity Photo as an external editor in Aperture (go to to Aperture ▸ Preferences..., Export tab (on top), then press the Choose button to select the External Photo Editor you want to use and point to Affinity Photo) but this will use TIFF or PSD's (both 8 and 16bits) as the exchange format between the two.

Papapeo,

I no longer use Aperture but as far as I can recall what MEB suggests will work for you.   You can also access the folder that you create by going View > Media Browser (or Shift+CMD+M)

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

MEB, thank you very much for your help.

I need you to please answer these questions.

A) I can use the Photos (Apple) program as cataloger and classifier. Is there any problem in using it?

B) Can I transfer both Raw and Original photographs to Photo (Apple) and then use Affinitty Photo to edit them?

C) I bought the Affinity Photo program. It can be used as an editor without being a plugin.

Thanks for everything.
(Is there a forum in Spanish to address these issues?)

Ricardo.

Papapeo,

I no longer use Aperture but as far as I can recall what MEB suggests will work for you.   You can also access the folder that you create by going View > Media Browser (or Shift+CMD+M)

Thanks for your quick response, I'll try to solve the problem with your help.

Thank you.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.