You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add stroke or outline to a texture filled font

I would like to add an outline or stroke to a word that I have filled with design using "mask to back" because I would like the word stand out more. Is there a way to do that? I've tried a few different things with not luck.

Thank you

I appreciate any help

• Staff

Hi jmca62,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

With the text selected in the Layers panel, go to the context toolbar on top and click the Stroke colour well to pick a colour (almost on the right end). You can adjust the with of the stroke from the width popover there too. If you are not seeing these controls click the >> symbol on the righ end of the context toolbar to display them as a popover.

Why not try layer effects too? You can do all sorts of fancy outlines and borders to really make it stand out. Lines, gradients, shadows etc.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.