Sign in to follow this  
Hill216

Printing Gridlines

I would like to be able to print a photo with grid lines. Is this possible with Affinity Photo or Designer? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Hill216,

Welcome to the forums.

Grids and guides are only visible within the apps, when you go to print they don't show. You could use the Pen Tool to insert lines, using the grid as a guide, these would then print out.

Depending on what quality you need you could also use a screengrab program to snap the Affinity image with the gridlines showing. Not as good as Lee D's method but a damn site faster.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Hi,

Even if Affinity Designer is clearly not a technical drawing tool, I use this app quite often to draw technical plans, and I think it could be very interesting to add an option "Print gridlines" either in the print panel (AD section) or in the document configuration panel. This would be a simple workaround to the missing feature "working at scale". Adding lines on the document to fake a grid as suggested is just a nonsense.

Hope this feature will be add in a future release.

Regards.

In Serif's Drawplus there was a very useful grid in the shapes tool which you can superimpose over an image and print it out as part of the picture. It is a really useful feature and I can't quite understand how it was left out of Infinity Designer. It was certainly a key feature for a lot of what I do. Please add it to Designer.