You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR merge problem after 1.6.3.43 update?

I am new to AP running on a 2017 iPad Pro.  I have been working with AP over the last couple weeks trying to learn.  One area I am interested in is HDR merge.

I have been copying unprocessed raw (DNG) bracketed images from my Lightroom photos library and placing them into a folder on iCloud that I set up to test AP.

I initiate an 'New HDR merge' in the AP app; get to the screen where I need to insert the photos; click on the 'cloud' symbol to go to my iCloud drive and select one of the bracketed DNG files (would think I should be able to select all three to start with?) from the folder I had created.  It shows up in the window and then I repeat the process to select the second file; then the third, etc.

Prior to the 1.6.3 update that process would select the file from the iCloud drive and move it into the app for processing and leave the original file in the folder inside iCloud.  So, if I needed to abort my process and try again I would just go back and start over loading the files into AP.  Since the update, the action of selecting the file in the iCloud folder for import into AP deletes the file from the iCloud folder!  So if I need to abort and start over (or use that image file for another process) the image is no longer there!  I need to go back and get another copy from my Lightroom library.

I have tried it now with several different sets of images and each time when I load the file into AP it gets deleted from the source folder... sure seems like it shouldn't be doing that and I'm nearly positive it wasn't doing it before?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rick 

• Staff

Hi Rick,

I have tested this with several  RAW images from my iCloud drive and the original images on the iCloud are not being deleted, is it possible for you to take a screen recording of this happening on your iPad Pro

Well, it was working as I described consistently the day I posted the question, it is no longer doing that! it seems to work fine now...

(although it would be nice to be able to select multiple images from iCloud similar to the way it works if you tap on Photos!)

I have cleared apps from memory and restarted my iPad since then... perhaps something with the upgrade needed to get reset.  If I see it again I will respond!

Thanks