You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

Would anybody else find it useful to have a key command to hide all vector outlines & nodes (& bounding boxes too) without deselecting the item, nor changing tools?

It's easier to judge your final result without the distraction of the "back-room mechanics" on top of your stroke.

I remember using that kind of Hide command back in Adobe days.

Just pressing Spacebar for a momentary Hand tool _almost_ does the trick. 

But not if you're adjusting the item's stroke or brush or layer fx properties in a dialog – then Spacebar doesn't work. So you have to judge your adjustments with the nodes & outlines obscuring your edges (with Pen or Node tool selected, at least).

And if you switch to a different tool that hides outlines & bounding box, then your pen or node tool parameter ribbon goes away.

All these issues would be resolved with an additional View ->View Mode: Artwork/Result Only.

Thanks in advance for considering it!

• Staff

It didn't go unnoticed @Gear maker. I think the point is that there's still some fundamental tools missing that are more important than getting certain details right. Most of those tools require quite a lot of time to code and are complex to develop, so it makes sense that the team is focusing their attention on them first.

...there's still some fundamental tools missing that are more important than getting certain details right. Most of those tools require quite a lot of time to code and are complex to develop, so it makes sense that the team is focusing their attention on them first.

This is the kind of answer that makes me so hopeful about this software and this company: You're receptive to requests, but you try to keep a sense of priorities. That's the way its gotta be, and that's what is going to give us a steadily improving, professionally useful design tool. Eventually it's going to be a world beater.

(I just hope and pray that you're making enough sales to pay the programmers until that day comes!)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Agreed! I relied heavily on Command-H in Ai. Having the choice of seeing the vector nodes and bounding boxes assist in making clean, decisive judgments about optical composition while working on the screen.

I am encouraged by the great strides Serif is making! Thanks for working hard to advance this excellent software. Down to the details, but the details are important.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/28/2015 at 7:27 AM, MEB said:

It didn't go unnoticed @Gear maker. I think the point is that there's still some fundamental tools missing that are more important than getting certain details right. Most of those tools require quite a lot of time to code and are complex to develop, so it makes sense that the team is focusing their attention on them first.

I'm just cutting my teeth on Affinity but this makes me hopeful not only for the hide path outlines feature but others as well. It also makes me wonder just how new this software is? I guess some research is in order.