You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Secondary? Undo/Redo placement (suggestion)

Hello, iv spend some time to get my workflow with this app and all the time im thinking undo/redo should be top middle also? Am i the only one? Right away when i started using this app i got that idea and it's still in my head all the time when im reaching undo which i do a lot and it doesn't feel effortless.

I also get the idea why it is where it is, but maybe my workflow is just different, for example If i use pen and doing something and want to go undo, most times it would be just lot easier and faster go top middle with pen or fingers instead going down right (less movement for the hand). Also most of time my fingers pointing up so it would be easy to undo/redo from there.

Also there's free space already at the top for that feature so.. is it hard to for example add feature which you can turn on or off, or what about even moving that thing where you want and taking it out of the grid etc?

This is one of the most used function If it's not most so it should be very effortless and fast to use and people could like it to be where it's most natural for them to reach fast and effortlessly.

i would like to hear what other thinks?

Hi!
I agree that the bottom right corner is not the best place, especially if you are right handed, then you arm will most often be covering that area, which means you will need to move your arm away and then search for it.

I believe the bottom left corner might be better.

But I think even better would be some sort of hand gesture. Maybe a four finger swipe to the right for undo and to the left for redo?

Also it would be nice if the area that is affected (especially for small retouching details) would be highlighted when an undo step happens, so that you get quick and clear visual feedback on what the undo did.

Robertochaves,

You can already change it to bottom left, in settings there is left hand mode. It will change all other navigation too.

Im lefty and the current right hand setup is better exactly for reason which you just said, now i can use my second hand to undo/redo.

I second having the undo/redo buttons also on the left side for right handed users. I personally would find it more useful top left though. I guess this is what makes ui design so hard when trying to please everyone.

I'm running Photo on an AirPad 2 so that screen space is a consideration for me.  I have more empty space in the menu bars on the right side than on the left and adding two Undo/Redo icons at the top would cover more of the image than the current 8 already do.