Andreus

How to convert text in curves?

I don’t know how the iPad version works but in the regular version it’s in the menu: “Layer > Convert to curves” (you can also right click the object and select “Convert to curves” from the context menu), or via keyboard: Command + Enter.

Unless I am mistaken, there doesn’t seem to be an option like this in the iPad version, Stephan.  :(

But here is a sort-of-workaround:

• Create your text and select the layer
  • With the layer selected, tap Commands (Three Dots Menu) > Geometry > Add
  • If you want to have your glyphs as single layers, you will have to use a Boolean Divide afterwards, and then you will have to use Subtract for recreating the glyph counters

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

Wow. This was really hard to find. Could this maybe be included in the long-press context menu for type objects? That's how I usually get to it on the desktop. 

Maybe this helps, if my answer do match the question.

Select the text, and then that tri-dots button, then convert to curve. (First image)

If you want to edit the nodes, check the layers, and select the group members first, then edit nodes. (Second image)

8B5C9EAC-2D4F-4CA7-80F0-888B20D0791A.png

9951BCB9-F19F-4383-AD5B-F166326371DB.png

Hi ogin,

and welcome here … :)

The original post was about Affinity Photo on iPad. And the Convert to Curves option is hidden pretty well in Affinity Photo. Thankfully, it’s easier to find in Affinity Designer, and I think it’s great that you added this information to the present thread. Since there are two apps on the iPad platform now, one gets easily confused when looking for answers on the forum. :)

Cheers, Alex

47 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

The original post was about Affinity Photo on iPad. And the Convert to Curves option is hidden pretty well in Affinity Photo.

???

1358181013_ConvertPhotoiPad.thumb.jpeg.524bc7cb5379a6fc94baee24db2adf94.jpeg

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Well, the original post was from July 2017. I cannot remember the situation precisely, but I would guess the option was “a bit more hidden” back then. But thanks for adding this piece of information, R C-R. I hadn’t noticed this. :)

2 hours ago, A_B_C said:

But thanks for adding this piece of information, R C-R. I hadn’t noticed this. :)

Maybe it is because I have only had my iPad for a few months & not (just) because I am getting old & feebleminded, but I have been making a bunch of these annotated screenshots of help topics because without them to refer to, I far too often pop open a menu & can't find something plainly visible on it. O.o

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2