You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

100% view icon

I know. And that's the problem: sometimes system takes the first tap as a single tap and opens the popover. The second tap acts as an action on the menu. I've deleted an artwork i worked for almost an hour like this because the second tap happened to hit the delete it. And for some reason, the undo didn't work.

Finger taps can only be supplemental to icon clicks on any mobile interface, not the only ways. Besides, double tap returns to the previous state, not the full-screen unrotated view.

BTW. Any permanent deletion should be prompted. This is the ABC of any UX

I've not had any problems with the recognition between a single or double tap so far. I would also say that I can hit undo after deleting from the pop up menu so not sure why you couldn't. It isn't a permanent deletion for me.

Some people can paint and play piano at the same time. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. In order to tap, I have to stop doing what I'm doing. This is no different from pressing a button (or in the mobile world touching and holding one). And to figure out whether I have to tap once or twice requires even more attention from the user. Sorry, it this sounds anal retentive, - been UX designer for too long.