You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Uncontrollable scrolling

Not sure how to describe this exactly, but it is a minor bug that has persisted as long as I have been using AD, and is still present in AD 1.6B2

When I create a new object, or sometimes resize an existing object ( the exact trigger is not clear), quite often AD will start panning towards the upper lefthand corner of the canvas, without my volition.

Attempting to pan back using the touchpad (I am using a 2015 Macbook pro 13") doesn't fix the problem - it keeps trying to pan towards the upper lefthand corner entirely of its own accord. If I click on another tool or another area of the canvas, this usually breaks the cycle. Anyone else see the same behaviour?

Cheers

Oli

• Staff

Hi Oli,

I've not heard of this one before!?! My wife has the same machine as yours and does not show that behaviour either... Can I ask if you happen to have any system-level applications that may be hooking your gestures or clicks to 'help'? My wife's machine is basically completely standard.

Would you be able to try creating a new user and try Affinity on that user's account instead? (it's quite easy to do from Preferences -> Users and Groups, and you can delete the user again afterwards without any ill-effects)

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I remember someone else reporting the same thing, but it was quite some time ago and I can't find the post now...

Now that you mention it, I am using MagicPrefs, which I use to set middle-click to a three finger click - maybe that is it?

It doesn't happen all the time, but I encounter it at least once every couple of sessions.

Cheers

Oli

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.