You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving multiple layers at once

Hi.

How can i move multiple layers at once? On the ipad, i just can't find it.

So i want to select multiple layers with objects that i want to move all at once. So that they all are moved the same amount of pixels

Thanks in advance, i love this app.

• 1 month later...

I don’t get it. It’s not working for me.  

I tried this and the list of layers just scrolls...

I’m obviously overthinking it. Have yet to figure out the equivalent of Shift-click on a PC to select more than one layer. I just want want to select two or more layers at once from the Layers Studio and move them at the same time on the canvas. I have only been able to select one layer at a time.

Can someone please walk me through this?

• Staff

Hi Cvad,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This thread and its replies are for Affinity Photo for iPad. On windows (desktop version) press and hold ⇧ (shift) and click on the first and last layer you want to select to select all layers between. You can also select non-contiguous layers by pressing and holding ⌃(ctrl) and clicking on the ones you want to select. Then with the Move Tool selected drag them on canvas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Not 100% sure what you are asking.

You can select multiple layers by selecting one layer (layers studio), then two finger tap on another layer. That selects both layers and all layers in between.

By link do you mean group? 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

11 minutes ago, toltec said:

Not 100% sure what you are asking.

You can select multiple layers by selecting one layer (layers studio), then two finger tap on another layer. That selects both layers and all layers in between.

By link do you mean group? 

Thanks for that.

linking like without merging them but sticking them together So I can still work on them independently.

14 minutes ago, Kurb said:

Thanks for that.

linking like without merging them but sticking them together So I can still work on them independently.

Well, I would call that grouping.

You can open (or expand) the group to work on individual layers independently at any time, remove them from the group etc.

The group/ungroup button is in the layers studio. The middle one that looks a bit like a jigsaw puzzle piece.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

5 minutes ago, toltec said:

Well, I would call that grouping.

You can open (or expand) the group to work on individual layers independently at any time, remove them from the group etc.

The group/ungroup button is in the layers studio. The middle one that looks a bit like a jigsaw puxxle piec.

Ooh oki I understand, grouping also creats a selection/layer that takes everything in it, cool. Photoshop CS6 don’t do that. Loveable. Thanks again : )

• 2 years later...

To quickly select multiple layers at once in either Affinity Designer or Photo for iPad, select the VIEW (Hand icon) tool first, then tap on one layer, move to the last layer to be selected and use two fingers to tap on that layer. To deselect any individual layer(s) in between, swipe right.

27 minutes ago, Pedro Antonio said:

select the VIEW (Hand icon) tool first

It doesn’t matter which tool is active.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 months later...

Not sure what you're doing that won't allow you to select multiple layers. It won't work with any other tool selected than the Photo Personna's topmost Hand Tool.

Select the Hand Tool first;

Pin your Layers palette so it stays open;

Tap on one layer to select it;

Press your index and middle fingers together and tap the end of both fingers simultaneously on the last layer you want to group select

It may take a little practice to get this action to work everytime—tap lightly and release immediately. It's not about applying pressure.