You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi SweetP,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Switch to Selection Persona tapping the "Lasso" icon on the top of the interface then use the appropriate tools on the left to create the selection. With the pixel selection active, open the Adjustments Studio and tap the adjustment you want to use/apply. The active pixel selection will be stored as a mask in the Adjustment's built-in mask (check the Layers studio - look at the adjustment thumbnail to see the mask there), so the adjustment will only affect the area defined by this mask (created from the active pixel selection). Use the context toolbar on bottom to play with the adjustment settings.

Hi SweetP,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Switch to Selection Persona tapping the "Lasso" icon on the top of the interface then use the appropriate tools on the left to create the selection. With the pixel selection active, open the Adjustments Studio and tap the adjustment you want to use/apply. The active pixel selection will be stored as a mask in the Adjustment's built-in mask (check the Layers studio - look at the adjustment thumbnail to see the mask there), so the adjustment will only affect the area defined by this mask (created from the active pixel selection). Use the context toolbar on bottom to play with the adjustment settings.

I've made a selection, copied it and pasted it to make a new layer. When I apply an adjustment such as Brightness/Contrst it affects all the layers including the background...how do I make it apply only to the layer beneath it (the one I created from a selection)?

• Staff

Hi SweetP,

Tap and hold the adjustment layer in the Layers Studio until a blue line appears then drag it over the image layer thumbnail (the thumbnail "icon" should become a solid blue while you do that). This will nest the adjustment to that specific layer, without affecting all the others.

Hi SweetP,

Tap and hold the adjustment layer in the Layers Studio until a blue line appears then drag it over the image layer thumbnail (the thumbnail "icon" should become a solid blue while you do that). This will nest the adjustment to that specific layer, without affecting all the others.

THANK YOU...THAT WORKS!!!

We need a lot more detailed tutorials for iPad Affinity!

Agreed. This would be great to know, needs to be added into tutorials. I was never aware of this, thought that was the nature of things as a newbie.

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

Hi SweetP,

Hi MEB, how come this doesn't work on me?

I have a recoulor adjustment layer. Then I want to darken the color so I added a brightness/contrast adjustment. And I set the darkness I want, but since I just want to darken the recoulor adjustment layer only I tap and hold the brightness / contrast adjustment layer then drag it to the icon of recoulor adjustment layer. After that, it merger with the recoulor adjustment layer but the brightness /contrast adjustment layer did not work, it's like it's never there

I would like to see more tutes for Ipad Affinity too. I'm a long time user of Photoshop (on Win machines for years, more recently on Macbook an dnow on my 12.9" Ipad pro) but in recent years have used Lightroom more so between not using similar tools for awhile and Personas and Studios LOL--I've been thrown for a bit. I'm gradually working my way through--but find some more detailed answers here on the forum (like the above--adjustment layers on selections)--and they aren't particularly intuitive.