You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi brethren,

I would like to gradient mask to achieve the attached image result.

In the sample I have created 4 masks to do that, but I would like to know whether it is possible 

with 1 mask or not. 

post-39282-0-83528400-1499255022_thumb.png

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

• Staff

Hi sduccio,

If you are referring to draw several gradients on a single raster mask (as in Photoshop using the Foreground to Transparent gradient) then this is not currently possible in Photo. I'm attaching a file with an alternative way to achieve the same result as shown on your screenshot with a single mask: I've created a shape (you can use any type of shape/closed path) which i'm using as a vector mask (so i can still edit/transform it as needed) and then added a Gaussian Blur FX to it to soften the edges (also adjustable). To use a shape as a vector mask drag it over the image's thumbnail in the Layer's panel.

earth_mask.afphoto