You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pattern Painter - Pixel brushes for Designer / Photo

Frankentoon Studio

Hello there!

I want to share with all this nice community the latest Frankentoon's Franken-Pack: Pattern Painter. Pattern Painter is a cool collection of raster/pixel brushes that can be used either on Designer or Photo... and even cooler, you can use 'em on Photo for iPad :)

I've always liked the idea of painting with patterns, even with software that allows to use pattern fills. I don't know, but I love the experimental and 'crafty' feel that is the joy of brushing in seamless shapes on your canvas. You can combine them, change colors on the fly, layer 'em up for some cool effects... 

If you want to know more, click HERE to get more info... (I've created a super fancy and colorful info page for you guys  :D ) Hope you all like this pack!

patternpainter-cover.png

patternpainter-detail.png

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

Fill patterns always seem a bit clumsy to me, a brush approach always had the drawback tough, that you could not continue an existing pattern without breaking the pattern but Frankentoon somehow solved this issue and it is really amazing how seamlessly (really) the results are  :) 

Thanks a lot man!  :D

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

When can we expect a 'from blank to final image' tutorial? WHENNNN???  :D

Enrique has produced lots of great tutorials!

http://www.frankentoon.com/toonlab

I really like The Dancer. Wouldn't mind doing a step by step :D

Me too. And ditto. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

When can we expect a 'from blank to final image' tutorial? WHENNNN???  :D

I really like The Dancer. Wouldn't mind doing a step by step :D

Hi there!

Thanks for asking, actually I'm working on a tutorial showing the basics and practical applications of image textures and pattern brushes in AD, Which is basically the method I've used for the dancer illustration :)

I'll be announcing the release of that tutorial on our Twitter account: @frankentoon please stay tuned!

Cheers!

19 hours ago, Frankentoon said:

Hi there!

Thanks for asking, actually I'm working on a tutorial showing the basics and practical applications of image textures and pattern brushes in AD, Which is basically the method I've used for the dancer illustration :)

I'll be announcing the release of that tutorial on our Twitter account: @frankentoon please stay tuned!

Cheers!

I particularly like The Dancer due to it being a character design, which I want to do as well in AD. Do you have plans to make a tutorial that includes both how to use the brushes and patterns, and a character/shape design, that will lead up to ... something like The Dancer? (* I really love The Dancer hehe, not sure if you can tell) :D

44 minutes ago, jer said:

The Pattern Painter Brushes package is really cool and provides so many choices in creating a design. Enrique, thanks!

P.S. Love the new Comic Book Brushes kit too!

Thanks a lot Jerol, glad you're enjoying the free pack!

BTW...

I want to apologize for the Photobucket's disaster, they've just slapped in the face even their PAID MEMBERS (me included). So all of our images in the forum aren't being displayed correctly as you may tell by looking at this very thread. Obviously I won't pay $400 for the right to 3rd party hosting...

We're working on a better solution that will be buying (ASAP) our own hosting with the sole purpose of store and hot linking promo images and such...

12 minutes ago, Frankentoon said:

BTW...

I want to apologize for the Photobucket's disaster, they've just slapped in the face even their PAID MEMBERS (me included). So all of our images in the forum aren't being displayed correctly as you may tell by looking at this very thread. Obviously I won't pay $400 for the right to 3rd party hosting...

We're working on a better solution that will be buying (ASAP) our own hosting with the sole purpose of store and hot linking promo images and such...

You might as well use the same images that are shown on your website, and link them here ;)

1 minute ago, ambiroa said:

You might as well use the same images that are shown on your website, and link them here ;)

Yeah, I could, but I'm used to have a generic hosting service apart from our websites just to link images... it has to do with my own OCD I think haha :)

• 3 weeks later...

Buying this today! (After updating my software.)

Can't wait to see a video tutorial. I went through your tutorial on your site. Thank you.

Would love to know specifically how you got those metallic looks in your example images. Beautiful!

I have your texture pack. It's really awesome.