You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

risingkirin

Hey Everyone,

Here is a timelapse video of me creating a watercolor still life painting in Affinity designer. I had a lot of fun playing with the different brushes and testing the different capabilities of the software. Enjoy!

Here is the video from start to finish: https://youtu.be/y6l6-wOOf2A

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

Mike

post-63375-0-96405600-1499211077_thumb.jpg

I watched your video, very nice.

I was surprised to see the use of vector brushes for this, I was expecting this to be a pixel painted piece. Pretty convincing as a natural watercolour piece. Good job.

I watched your video, very nice.

I was surprised to see the use of vector brushes for this, I was expecting this to be a pixel painted piece. Pretty convincing as a natural watercolour piece. Good job.

Thank you, I was surprised myself to see how the vector brushes turn out. I can definitely imitate some watercolor techniques with it but not all of them. Thanks again for watching! 

Very cool. Were you using some kind of physical pen, or just a mouse?

I used both a wacom intuous tablet and mouse for shift layers and creating the flat wash. I'll create a video of watercolor techniques tutorial that you can use in AD.

Wow! You went from 0 to 600 Layers in 60 seconds! Very nicely done! It was interesting to see you work and re-work the fruit. Thanks for showing this. :)

Most definitely haha. I find working with traditional watercolor painting is kind of like vector art. You just simply add layers on top of another. 

• 4 years later...