You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UPDATE: (10.5 iPad)

I think this project has somehow become corrupted. Very sad. I’ve been working on this project since Saturday. Couple things lead me to this thought of it being corrupted. I created a test project for troubleshooting purposes, the following actions, it was able to execute without a problem.

1) I can copy/paste onto the pasteboard just fine.

2) I can backout just fine from my test project.

Now, whenever I commit any of the actions presented above with my corrupted project. Crazy shit starts to happen. If I back out of the project it crashes the app. If copy/paste to pasteboard - nothing happens. I’m thinking maybe too many layers made it corrupt? (Is there a limit of layers allowed?)

Anyways, this literally hurts my soul.

So many hours of research, watching tutorials, scouring through forums to gather the appropriate knowledge to complete this project, make it look awesome (for a noob like myself) and get it done for an upcoming event, which this is project is needed for, by no later than Thursday for marketing the event on a site.

ORIGINAL POST:

Been working with Affinity all day, all the questions I’ve been storming on here since this morning were all pertaining to me and the project I’m currently working on. App lasted over a little past 24hours of consistent working with it, then starts the crashing phase. Lol.

The Scenario: I went to hit the back button after I tried to rasterize a smoke image I opened up. Was trying to save my work, and it just crashes. Lost some work. I shut down the app (X Button on home screen) reboot my iPad, and still crashes. Did this twice.

I deleted some layers from the project, still crashes.

Is there a way to save without backing out?

Can I upload my work to iCloud and pull it back in from the cloud? (At this point, I have to uninstall the app and reinstall) wouldn’t want want to do so, unless I receive confirmation I can pull everything in from the cloud.

Thanks Mods.

post-63578-0-50149200-1499189435_thumb.png

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

• Staff

Tap the document menu on top of the interface and select Save A Copy (i advise you to enable Save history so we can also take a look at the file with the steps you have taken - note this will generate a bigger file) to save the document as an .afphoto file then click Save. Select the folder where you want to save it from the second screen that will appear: you can save to a folder on iCloud or another cloud service tapping Locations on the top left of the interface. You can then access the respective folder from your desktop computer. If you could also share a link to the file with us so we can take a look at it, it would be great. Thanks.

Tap the document menu on top of the interface and select Save A Copy (i advise you to enable Save history so we can also take a look at the file with the steps you have taken - note this will generate a bigger file) to save the document as an .afphoto file then click Save. Select the folder where you want to save it from the second screen that will appear : you can save to a folder on iCloud or another cloud service tapping Locations on the top left of the interface. You can then access the respective folder from your desktop computer. If you could also share a link to the file with us so we can take a look at it, it would be great. Thanks.

Unfortunately, it crashes when I try to save a copy. As soon as I tap on the iCloud option, screen blacks out. No other way I suppose? (Images below)

1) saving only choose iCloud option available (notice *add* on the upper right is blocked out) it’s what I used the last time to send you the google drive link) now all of a sudden greyed out.

2) I choose iCloud, totally blacks out

3) it’s not crashed, just blacked out. Notice it’s still an active app.

post-63578-0-76718200-1499202336_thumb.png

post-63578-0-23487700-1499202365_thumb.png

post-63578-0-40760000-1499202382_thumb.png

Specs:

• Staff

Those issues are probably related with iOS 11. There's also similar reports from other users using it.

This iOS11 is still in Beta and as such it's not officially supported at this point. We are currently working/fixing issues to ensure full compatibility when it launches.

I'm afraid there's no other way to save the project as an afphoto file. Still have to confirm this. Which Affinity Photo version are you running? The Beta or the retail?

The Beta may include a few fixes and better compatibility with iOS11. Check this post to learn how to get/join to the Beta testing group.

Weird, none of the other projects are acting up. I wonder if the heavy load of so many layers have triggered this issue. The other two projects, 3 layers at most. This corrupt project, around 10-12 layers.

I am running retail Affinity. $20 purchase. Forget beta, I support quality developers, especially with things that help me save time. But if beta helps smooth things out I’ll gladly download it.

Picture proof below

post-63578-0-30821100-1499205414_thumb.png

Specs: