You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Watching this video:

At the 8:51 he pulls out a smoke brush, creating that dope ass effect.

I noticed his brushes has numbers, ours does not. I also acknowledged, his brushes are organized in names, referencing the actual effect the brush is creating. Example, he went into the “smoke” category, for a good variety of smoke brushes.

That organization and “at a glance” guidance, helps speed up workflow on a major level. Not wasting time, hounding down a particular brush, because it’s not organized by name, is a huge game changer. On iPad all we have is: Texture, Effects and other names, that I have no clue what they do. Would be better, if our brushes were listed like in the video I linked above.

SMOKE BRUSH:

If this smoke brush is not available on iPad, I presume, you guys will release it as purchasable content? I’m ok with that (company needs revenue to expand) just as long as it performs exactly like the video above or better.

If we do have the SAME exact smoke brush as above in our current version of Affinity, would somebody be so kind as to guide me to its location? I can’t find it nor... do I know how to tweak an existent brush to produce effects like that. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

In another smoke tutorial by the same author, they refer to the smoke brushes here: http://xresch.deviantart.com/art/22-Normal-Smoke-Brushes-197982419

How to import Photoshop ABR brushes into Affinity Photo (iPad version): https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/42163-import-brushes-from-desktop-softwares/

In another smoke tutorial by the same author, they refer to the smoke brushes here: http://xresch.deviantart.com/art/22-Normal-Smoke-Brushes-197982419

How to import Photoshop ABR brushes into Affinity Photo (iPad version): https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/42163-import-brushes-from-desktop-softwares/

This really excites me. I’ll definitely look through this later. Thank you Obtusity - if you’re in America (Happy 4th of July)

Specs:

I tried it, but nothing is happening. Do they get their own name? ie “smoke brushes”?

Otherwise, I’m not seeing anything.

Images below:

1) choosing .abr

2) nothing seems to be happening after selected. No prompt or message.

3) No new brushes all the same.

post-63578-0-18898500-1499203771_thumb.png

post-63578-0-43771800-1499203802_thumb.png

post-63578-0-15411500-1499203821_thumb.png

Specs:

Hi Affinity iPad Student,

That popover list on your third screenshot in the post above is scrollable: tap and drag to scroll it until the new brushes appear.

I did, unfortunately, it’s the same brushes. No smoke brushes appear.

Any other solutions?

Specs:

• 2 weeks later...