You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Sample color from image for Color Replacement Brush?

I've noticed that the Color Picker Tool does not seem to impact other tools as i would expect, for example the Color Replacement Brush. Am i doing something wrong?

• iMac 12,2, 16GB RAM, with Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G14033), Wacom Intuos3 9x12
• iPad Pro 12.9" 1st gen & Apple Pencil

http://dysamoria.com

Update: This is a bug. The color picker tool did NOT select the color i wanted for this tool, but it DID show the color in the color palette (sorry, "studio"). Then later when i used the color picker from the "color studio" i was required to tap on the color next to the eye dropper icon to make it active. Why is this step necessary? Just choose the color. After this, the tools behaved as expected: I selected a color and it used it. I changed the color with either the color palette or the eye dropper on the left side tool bar and the Color Replacement Brush reflected that choice.

It's very hard to learn to use this software with SO MANY BUGS. This is beta level, not release level. I have been very eagerly awaiting this product coming to iOS and I'm regretting spending money on it with it being this unreliable.

It's very hard to learn to use this software with SO MANY BUGS. This is beta level, not release level. I have been very eagerly awaiting this product coming to iOS and I'm regretting spending money on it with it being this unreliable.

There are bugs, this is to be expected with such a new release - it's been out less than a month. I disagree that this is beta level, I have been through countless images in the app store version without issue. A lot of it will come down to the image being used and what task is being performed and of course if you do encounter something then report it. There have been so many fixes in the beta version so far, both large and small that show that Affinity are very good at addressing issues and a lot of these issues will only come via public feedback - it is the very reason that Apple offer a public beta of iOS these days.

Frankly, I think this app is more than value for money.