Kal

Undo affecting wrong document

This has happened to me at least twice recently. I'll hit the Undo shortcut a number of times, wondering why nothing is changing, when I notice something change in the non-active document—that is, a Designer document window in the background.

I am using Designer with multiple documents in separate windows (i.e. 'Window > Separated Mode' is checked).

I'm not sure how to reproduce the bug.

Hey Kal,

I'm not sure what to say really. If you're working in Separated Mode, there's a good chance you may have accidentally had focus in the wrong document, maybe. I've tried placing my mouse over other documents but it seems fine  :unsure:

Hi Chris

Well, the app may have had its focus in the wrong document, but I was certainly focused on the window that was in front of the other one.  :lol: I could only just see that changes were happening in the background window as it was poking out from behind the other one, something like this…

|    ________ |___

|   |                       |

|__|                      |

|____________|

:D

Hey  Kal, nice illustration  ;) I've tried again but still can't reproduce it however one of my colleagues seems to think he's spoken with another user who had the same issue. We're happy to keep poking it but if you notice a pattern (if it happens again) I'd be grateful to hear it.

I experience this all the time with Photo and Designer after task switching or space switching from an other app to an Affinity app. It is pretty annoying.

Advertising designer - Austria — Affinity Designer - Photo - Publisher — Cs6 d&wP — Mac Pro (09)12GB - SSD - OS X 10.11.6 - NEC2690wuxi2 - CD20"—  iPad Pro 12.9" gen1 128 GB - Pencil