You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Select multiple correction layers?

(Affinity Photo Mac)

I'm a bit stuck, but maybe someone can help me..   Is there a way to select multiple correction layers/filter layers?

To be honest working with layers in Affinity is a bit of a nightmare. But maybe I'm to stupid..

This is what I'm stumbling over all the time (if I'm doing things wrong, please tell me, would be appreciated!):

- I have two nice layers, which should have the same effects/corrections - no problem, you think, just copy the three, four effects and paste them in - aaaah, no, why not copy them one by one... argh. (and now: with 10 layers!!)

- when working with complex layers (lets say 15 effect/filter layers the layer name disappears, but the tiny not usable layer icons are visible - heh? 

- Viewing a layer or group in solo mode works quite well, but if I try to paint on a mask I'm all the way back in seeing everything. Hm, doesn't make sense.. 

- very often my selected layer is changed, and I don't know why (I mean common, this never happened in Photoshop) -  also jumping somewhere in the layer list happens very often... argh

- did you ever need to delete a layer - ah, nothing easier than that, just go to layer list, point at the layer and - delete. But! If you have a selection somewhere in your image, nothing happens. Just a part of your image is gone. That's not wrong, but I don't know, it's somehow easy to mess this up (again - never happens in PSD - click on layer, delete, layer is gone, smile) ... argh

I still hope, this mess will get better, but it's really taking quite long now. Instead: a very nice iPad app, where you can sync your 1GB file over iCloud to your computer next to you ...argh (ok, ok, I don't start that, ...)

It was so nice to open Affinity, play around a bit, very very nice. But working with, is a different animal. Fast with small files, damn slow with big files ... argh. Very often quite pleasing, but often it's just painful. I'm really hoping it's developing further ... would be a dream!

If you have several layers that you want to apply the same adjustment(s) to, try grouping them before applying the adjustments & then apply them in a layer above the group. That creates just one set of adjustments that applies to everything below it, so if there are lower layers you want to remain unaffected, drag the adjustments into the layer group. This is really the way to go if you want to be able to edit any of the adjustments later & have them apply to all the layers in the group -- otherwise you would need to adjust each copy individually.

I am not sure what you mean about names disappearing, but you can click on the disclosure triangle in a circle button next to any layer that has child layers to show its children on their own lines in the Layer panel. Also keep in mine that the panel width can be adjusted so the names of deeply nested children are not truncated.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7