You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi

Just a quick question. How do I do this type of thing on Affinity Designer? (I'll see if I can attach an image, can't do it when submitting the topic)

I'd like to explore better logo and icon designs but don't know how this can be replicated on AD.

Thank you.

Oliver

Yeah, but my level of skill made it a fairly tedious job. Shapes cut out based on shapes not shown. Hard to tell what was trimming what, and what the radii were.

post-34886-0-19876200-1499124903_thumb.jpg

What 'ware did you use to make what you showed?

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

gbendy I didn't create the shape. I took a screenshot of it for demonstration purposes from a Dribbble group on Facebook. I just wondered if this form of logo creation was possible and if so how do we make it work.

Someone says it is possible on Facebook but the tutorial they referenced was for creating a bee trail, making it look like the bee has flown across the screen.

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to create the above logo, for practise only, so I can apply the techniques to create my own logos?

Not a tutorial, but it's very simple as shown in this video...

https://youtu.be/g8UadPuThpk

Good demonstration. I did my example just before I went to bed, and a bunch of fals starts. Have been messing around w. the problem more this morning. 

Here's a still of "pie donuts" before being run thru various booleans. Included, some output.

post-34886-0-55527800-1499176551_thumb.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

Huion WH1409 tablet

In illustrator that would be just a 5 seconds run with the Shape builder tool through all those overlapping shapes.

And $20 a month being tethered to their cloud ;)  If you happen to live in an "underserved" area, and the cloud connection goes out at random, 5 seconds doesn't save anything.

Huion WH1409 tablet