You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When is the next major update release planned for?

• Staff

Hi FirstGear,

I can't give you a time frame I'm afraid but you don't have to wait for the updates if you already own the full version of the app you can download the Customer Beta builds here

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-affinity-beta-support/

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

V1.6.3 may be going to the app store today as posted in the beta forum which means it will show up in the next few days once reviewed - I wouldn't expect a quick turn around today with the US holiday.

Hi FirstGear,

I can't give you a time frame I'm afraid but you don't have to wait for the updates if you already own the full version of the app you can download the Customer Beta builds here

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/32-affinity-beta-support/

Thanks

Callum

What do you mean full version? Is there a free version of this app?

Also, that beta link, I’m surprised it’s not stickied in the front page, here in the iPad forums. Respectfully, in my opionion, I feel that’s something that should be front paged with its own emanated awareness.

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

• Staff

What do you mean full version? Is there a free version of this app?

Also, that beta link, I’m surprised it’s not stickied in the front page, here in the iPad forums. Respectfully, in my opionion, I feel that’s something that should be front paged with its own emanated awareness.

There isn't a free version but sometimes people assume you can use the betas without purchasing the app which isn't the case. Also that link leads to a section of the front page  :)

C

post-12469-0-69443900-1499246593_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I am trying but I'm still on the lower end of 'techie'. So with this 1.6.3 update does it mean I can import Raw from my Canon camera to apple Photos (using my mbp) and from AP on my ipad pro, use Select from Photos and my Raw photos will load or do I still have to use icloud drive?

I am trying but I'm still on the lower end of 'techie'. So with this 1.6.3 update does it mean I can import Raw from my Canon camera to apple Photos (using my mbp) and from AP on my ipad pro, use Select from Photos and my Raw photos will load or do I still have to use icloud drive?

Yes.

And lots more tutorials!!! (Important for noobs like me)

Very good gents. I’m loving this. Now if only **I could import my .abr smoke brush files** with no problems, I’ll be in heaven. Excellent work here Serif, I’m proud to be a part of this community with a progressive moving development team.

Specs:

There isn't a free version but sometimes people assume you can use the betas without purchasing the app which isn't the case. Also that link leads to a section of the front page  :)

C

Ah, very nice, very nice indeed. Thank you for the response sir.

Specs:

So with this 1.6.3 update does it mean I can ... or do I still have to ... ?

Yes.

Hmm. :unsure:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hmm. :unsure:

Yeah, hmmmm, the raw photos I imported (freshly taken this morning) from my camera into Photos on my mbp, do show up with the title RAW in AP on my ipad, but when I select one to open, that spinning cog wheel goes on forever. I stared at it for 5 min waiting for the photo to load, then gave up. So, yeah, hmmmm.

Can't say I have had that issue although I have been running the beta version. I have been able to import Nikon RAW files from 3 different cameras, quickly without issue. I'll check the app store version this evening when back home but I doubt the build has changed.

• Staff

And lots more tutorials!!! (Important for noobs like me)

Very good gents. I’m loving this. Now if only **I could import my .abr smoke brush files** with no problems, I’ll be in heaven. Excellent work here Serif, I’m proud to be a part of this community with a progressive moving development team.

Why aren't you able to import them? Are they appearing greyed out for you? Do you have Adobe Sketch installed on the iPad?

Why aren't you able to import them? Are they appearing greyed out for you? Do you have Adobe Sketch installed on the iPad?

I really don’t know?

I do not own any adobe apps. I do own Pro Create. (Potential iOS 11 beta bug)? Not being able to import brushes.

My last post here (bottom page) shows my process, in images, how I went about importing the brushes:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/43215-smoke-brush-where/

Specs:

Would someone clarify what multiselection from Photos means? I'm having no problem opening RAW files--works great--just not sure of the previous. The new tutes are welcome too.

It means when you are creating a panorama or HDR image or another type of image where you start with two or more images, that you can select all the time images you need in one go instead of importing each image individually before creating your panorama or whatever ever type you are creating.

• Staff

I really don’t know?

I do not own any adobe apps. I do own Pro Create. (Potential iOS 11 beta bug)? Not being able to import brushes.

My last post here (bottom page) shows my process, in images, how I went about importing the brushes:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/43215-smoke-brush-where/

See my reply on your other thread here.