You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How To Dim Lights [Solved]

UPDATE: (Solved)

Found it. Watched this tutorial:

For those newcomers like myself, wait until he gets to the part with the woman, you’ll see how to dim lights, and setup lighting.

(STILL NOT SOLVED - getting closer, YouTube, scattered google & affinity forums information slows process)

Still searching for torch help, need to make that fire pop in the image below, also I need to know how to get the ends of the fire to look more like “strands of flame” and not that big gumbo of matted clump being shown. Wondering if I can somehow implement this technique:

This attached image below is for a game of thrones medieval event this coming up this Tuesday.

My vision for the photo:

1) get the orange words to slightly melt off the banner.

2) A portion of a dragons backside showing from the far left screen of the image, as if walking away.

3) the Knight holding the sword, the sword having some kind of fire effect emanating,

4) Ground underneath the Knight, having a scraped crevice, as if he scraped his sword alongside it, before brining it to the battle ready position he now wields it in.

Never edited before, only cropping, going to be a long two days, unless some veteran on here responds, and helps shorten my learn curve with direction.

ORIGINAL POST:

Hello,

iPad 10.5

Just created the following image. I’m trying to dim the surrounding area, with a medieval tavern type yellow warm glow, emphasize brightness onto the torch.

Also, is there any fire effects or fire filters to make the fire pop out more? As of now the fire looks “matted” on and not natural (free flowing) any ideas?

Potential, could it that while I was busy selecting the fire, in the selection persona, I left on an option called “matte” in the context box - could this be the reason for this ugly fire I have going on in the torch?

Dear professionals, Please advise. Thank You!

post-63578-0-10953000-1499040532_thumb.png

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt